Hacking Where does Retroarch save GBA save files?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I transfered some SNES9x save files (.srm) from my phone to sd/retroarch/cores/savefiles and when I launched the ROM file with retroarch I was able to resume where I left off. However, I tried the same for my GBA save files (.sav) the game just gives me the start new game option.

I tested a SNES rom with no savefile and just saved the game in retroarch and it put the .srm file in sd/retroarch/cores/savefiles.

I'm using the mGBA core on retroarch. I ran fire emblem and saved my data in retroarch, then went back to my sd card and couldn't find the save file anywhere. When i booted up retroarch again it just had new game, as if I'd never saved.

The original save files for the GBA game were compatible with the MyBoy GBA emulator for android, don't know if they would work with mGBA or VBA next cores.

Also, retroarch completely freezes when I select 'State Slot' in the retroarch menu. I can see a list of all the different slots but the game completely freezes, anyone else have this happen or know a fix?

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Great, worked perfectly.

Any idea what's up with the "State Slot" menu? I don't really need it but it does freeze my Wii U if I open it.
Interesting... I'll see if I have the same issue.
Edit: Using the latest stable release of RetroArch (1.8.9) alongside mGBA, when I click on the State Slot option it shows me the list just fine and when I close the menu the game is still running fine.
What version of RetroArch are you using?

Last edited by GABO1423,

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I downloaded the most recent version from here. I downloaded it yesterday. I'm not sure how to check the version.
To check the version simply look at the lower left corner on the RetroArch menu. If it says 1.8.9 followed by the name of the core you have loaded, then you have the newest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.