OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there Tempers,

This year is my first year where I get out of school BEFORE E3. I've always watched the recorded videos after I got home from school but this year I get to watch them live. I have G4TV via my cable box but I'd rather watch them on my computer if possible. Does anyone know the best place to watch it? Does G4's site just host the live ones as well? I've heard they do a lot of commercials during the live broadcasts, is that true?

Sorry for all the weird questions, first time for me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I can't wait for this E3. Nintendo 3ds, vitality sensor, and the New Zelda Wii game. Holy potatoes.

I only watch the Nintendo E3 (it's the only one that matters if you don't care for shooters), and I can watch it here.

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the stream/site that doesn't break down.

Don't know where I watched last year, I think it was gamespot.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SOS-Rens said:
9.00 AM what time is that in Europe ??
I really want to see it live =3
that would be the first time so I hope 9PM in Europe or 8PM

where is it being held?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bugger. It happens for me right at the start of school. I might be able to catch half an hour of it in my spare block in the computer lab.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. My computer is from 1997? So it's very slow. I think my family room get's the G4TV channel so maybe I'll watch it in that room. Either that, or I watch it in slow motion, on my computer.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't see the point in watching E3 live, you find out exactly the same thing from the 100000000 youtube videos uploaded by randoms who think they are the first, the only difference is, you'll find out a couple of hours before me, im a gamer, but that only applies when the games released not when they hype it so much that ill get bored when i start playing it because ive seen half the story.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will it be real streaming URL or embedded flash player only ?
I missed it last year, but previous years it was possible to send the stream to software like VLC (for recording hehe
tongue.gif
)

Well, If I can watch it fullscreen and if my 1Mb/s speed limit is enough, I'm ok with any format anyway.

For people asking the time in Europe, it's 18H (GMT+1), or 5PM (GMT) for UK and Portugal.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Will it be real streaming URL or embedded flash player only ?
I missed it last year, but previous years it was possible to send the stream to software like VLC (for recording hehe
tongue.gif
)

Well, If I can watch it fullscreen and if my 1Mb/s speed limit is enough, I'm ok with any format anyway.

For people asking the time in Europe, it's 18H (GMT+1), or 5PM (GMT) for UK and Portugal.

I got confused in your post. :/

So what time would it be if the time is say... GMT+4 ?
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GMT = 5PM

so GMT+4 = 5+4 ? 21H (or 9PM)
But some countries doesn't use Daylight Saving Time feature, and other country are 30min difference instead of 1H, so it's really a per country basis.

At the time of my previous post, it was 9AM in pacific time, and 18H in france.
You can check http://www.timezonecheck.com/ or http://www.worldtimezone.com/

I'm looking for a website which let you input the time for a given place, and see all the other countries time.
I think there was one posted in front page once, for a wifi-night or an event like that.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll most likely be watching it on GameTrailers or IGN. Or, if the tempcast crew is okay with my idea (and moreover if it's possible), watch the stream from the tempcast stream. That probably makes no sense but it isn't important anyway.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
i don't see the point in watching E3 live
For me its finding out at the same time as others. I'll be on IRC and also talking to people via the shoutbox, its good to see peoples first reactions, people predictions right before things are announced.

For me while these conferences are happening, its the best time to be on IRC and on the forum. There is a buzz that can't be recreated some time after the event has happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo