Hacking Where do I start?

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to put a bunch of emulators on my Wii.

Do i have to buy something to do that?

And another thing, if I hack my wii, to do this are there any disadvantages?

What are the Disadvantages to putting homebrew like emulators on my Wii?

If I use this twilight hack thingy do i have to always leave my zelda disk in the wii and go talk to the guy everytime i want to play any emulator? Will I not be able to play Zelda: TP anymore?

Also what am I sopposed to do if I have the latest firmware for my wii?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I want to put a bunch of emulators on my Wii.

Do i have to buy something to do that?NO

QUOTE said:
And another thing, if I hack my wii, to do this are there any disadvantages?NO, if you mod your wii with a drivechip whilst in warranty, that's the only disadvantage.....

QUOTE said:
What are the Disadvantages to putting homebrew like emulators on my Wii?
ISN'T ANY, just advantages
tongue.gif

If I use this twilight hack thingy do i have to always leave my zelda disk in the wii and go talk to the guy everytime i want to play any emulator? Will I not be able to play Zelda: TP anymore?
Nope, that was the old way, all you need to do is go to wiibrew.org and follow the steps from their, you just need a SD Card, and install the Homebrew Channel through TP, you can still use your TP file, just back it up beforehand......
Go to wiibrew.org and check the application, download whatever you want, and read the README otherwise you will have problems
smile.gif

Also if you run into problems give the search on here at the top right hand corner a click
wink2.gif

If a answer to your question cannot be found then post on here, that's the strategy in which i go by..

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. Also what am I sopposed to do if I have the latest firmware for my wii? Does that matter?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
many just emulators...

In that case, you'll encounter NO BAD ERRORS, maybe common ones within the emulator, which are just bugs, but only a certain few, you cant expect super trooper emulators hehe, most are already top notch nion 100% anyway like i said head over to wiibrew.org that is the place to be, check all applications etc..... read on there

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight....even if i have the very latest firmware for my wii. I can still use homebrew, like the emulators and stuff?

And I can still play online games?

Do the SNES emulators work good?

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now, besides emulators...what are some of the cool, and useful things you can do with a wii? Oh and is the Wii SDHC compatible?

D

Deleted User

You can do very, very cool stuff on Wii.
Sorry but, I started this tagging system on n00bs. And I tagged you as "uninformative" which means you don't know anything about Homebrew.

You wanna play emulators right? Start off with a NORMAL SD Card and do Twilight Hack and install HBC.
After that, run HBC and let it update. Then you can use your SDHC (YAY!)

But before you go mad and put in a lot of emulators in your SDHC, have these folder structure:

-(Your SD Card)
-apps
-appexample1
-appexample2
-appexample3
-wad

NOTE: appexample1-3 is just examples. Which means, put your applications (emulators) into the "apps" folder.

I recommend you downgrade but (click read spoiler):
If you just want to use emulators, go here (Some of them don't support SDHC, so check the changelog):
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_a...%28emulators%29

If you want to downgrade your Wii firmware to the "jackpot" firmware (meaning a LOT OF COOL STUFF), go here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Now, the basic apps a homebrewer should have:
1)WAD Manager
2)Starfall

check wiibrew.org for a lot of cool applications.

There, it should give you a good start

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay