DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
My username comes from the books: Dune by Frank Herbert.

The name Dune actually was/is already taken ages ago by some well known hacker (i was told) so i thought of another way to use the name Dune, so i came up with, note it down like it is spoken and do it like i spoke it out:

DJOEN

using it for a long time now, but i had a few other nick names on the internet before that.
anyway using DjoeN now on every forum/irc/everywhere else. If the nick DjoeN is taken (not often) i use DjoeNtje (its a diminutive (Verkleinwoord) of DjoeN)

Yes, i'm a big Dune fan especially the books, the movie and mini tv series are ok, but go for the books
biggrin.gif

My avatar is just another story, just was lazy and took a screenshot while watching Fullmetal Alchemist of Edward Elric
I also use often my Wii avatar on some forums (like on gbatemp.net).

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
I like having snowball fights, and my favorite animal is the koala. I just put them together for my name.

I lol'd

Anyway! Mine's a bit confusing.
So as a kid I brought lunch to school. Nearly every day I brought a roundwich (like those smuckers uncrustable things now) Eventually people started calling me benwich (my first name's Ben) I took the liberty of taking out the vowels to make it confusing, and that was my username for a while. I then moved, and people started calling me Bammer. It was the login on the school computers and a combination of my first and last names. So eventually I combined them into a mess of a username that is nearly guaranteed to not be taken on any forum. And unpronounceable unless you know me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know how I got my nickname... Heh. It just popped up when I was thinking of a nickname for Runescape. I can make a lot of weird sounding names...

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine came from back in the C-64 Days when we used to run bulletin boards with modems. My board was Com-Tech Int. and I used to
clean up the messages, up/downloads so the name The Jan1tor got stuck with me since I did the cleaning up. Started with 300 baud modems.
Hell had that punter protocol for transferring programs. I reprogrammed the bulletin board and the browsers so they could have multiple speeds
above 300. Then it went to 1200/2400/4800 ping ping ping the internet. The internet killed bulletin boards thank goodness!

Hell it was phreaking time back then, Phreaking ld calls, overseas calls, multi line calls. When hacking was more fun and a lot harder and slower,
when a 50 meg hard drive was 300 bucks. Heck I still have our first 4 speed scsi cdrom burner. Back then it was 5000 bucks and it wouldn't
do rewritable disks. Hell you can pick up DVD rws for 36 bucks now.

Oh yes the days of pirating, 5 /14 inch floppies, dot matrix printers, Monochrome monitors, SCSI hard drives. No laptops then. Push button phones
just starting.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DjoeN said:
My username comes from the books: Dune by Frank Herbert.

The name Dune actually was/is already taken ages ago by some well known hacker (i was told) so i thought of another way to use the name Dune, so i came up with, note it down like it is spoken and do it like i spoke it out:

DJOEN

using it for a long time now, but i had a few other nick names on the internet before that.
anyway using DjoeN now on every forum/irc/everywhere else. If the nick DjoeN is taken (not often) i use DjoeNtje (its a diminutive (Verkleinwoord) of DjoeN)

Yes, i'm a big Dune fan especially the books, the movie and mini tv series are ok, but go for the books
biggrin.gif

My avatar is just another story, just was lazy and took a screenshot while watching Fullmetal Alchemist of Edward Elric
I also use often my Wii avatar on some forums (like on gbatemp.net).
I was always thinking of that, I once saw it on your gamertag: "Dune". Great books btw.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
from an episode of the simpsons, the "creator" of itchy and scratchy also created other characters who weren't as well know....among them being manic mailman, flatulant fox, dinner dog and rich uncle skeleton....I first used this name on AOL and they only allow 16 characters so I had to drop one, thus RchUncleSkeleton was born! have been using this name since 99'.

D

Deleted User

I grew up in a place where iguanas were like pests.
As for the flame part, I just thought it would be cool.

I'm not too hot about people with numbers appended to their unoriginal user-names, lots of alternating capitalization, or a bunch of x's.

e.g. Killer348395
xxxCoOlGuYxxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Discord need to die