Where did you buy your working 3-in-1?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by triften, Jan 3, 2009.

1. triften
    OP

triften Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2008
    United States
    The one I bought from DealExtreme is screwed. I can flash a GBA ROM to PSRAM or NOR, play it and save it, but when I power off and launch the game again (natively or with GBA ExpLoader) the save is corrupt. Sometimes gone completely. AND I ORDERED IT LAST WEEK. [​IMG]

Somebody please link me to a store that doesn't sell garbage. WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR WORKING EZ-FLASH 3-IN-1?

2. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    I bought my working EZ flash from deal extreme. Works like a charm.

3. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    Same

4. Foxle

Foxle GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2008
    United States
    That's a shame that yours died. The one I got from DealExtreme has been working fine for months now. Have you contacted their customer service? They were pretty helpful when I got a defective cable from them. Also, someone has a post here on GBATemp about replacing a 3in1's battery with a battery from a real GBA game. Gamestop's got a 75% off sale on Gameboy games, so you shouldn't have trouble finding a suitable one.

5. z0mbiew0lf

z0mbiew0lf Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Long Island
    hm, dealextreme? crap, just bought mine from there, hope I get a good one [​IMG]

6. triften
    OP

triften Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2008
    United States
    It's worth mentioning that I bought the EZ-Flash V Plus BUNDLE that came packaged with the 3-in-1.

I don't even want to try to buy a new one. Anyone know if original GBA game batteries are exactly the same?

dinofan01: When you say it works like a charm... Can you power off for as long as you want, turn back on and still see your last save in SRAM? Because that would be a dream to me.

7. Reaper

Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Mine was from DX but rumble and RAM aren't working.

8. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    +1

9. triften
    OP

triften Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2008
    United States
    [​IMG] I am hopelessly envious of you people. I even tried with another slot-1 cart (my old R4), and I'm having the same problem with saves. After saving in-game, I noticed that sometimes GBA ExpLoader will display a saved game in SRAM while other times it claims to be empty. I thought this might be the fault of GBA ExpLoader, but the same happens when playing a ROM in NOR. Games will loads/play fine, but after powering off and back on, the save vanishes.

I'm fairly convinced my 3-in-1 is defective. Should I just stop trying and buy a new one?

10. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    I have never tried Exploader, but I used YSMenua , you might try that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice