Where did my ExFAT Partition Go?

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I started the process of hacking my switch I used a 512GB DS Card Formatted as ExFAT... Is there a way to still use they type of file system so I dont have to split the games when ripping them? I prefer to keep them as one file. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

IMG_7031.jpg

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An easier way would probably be to use a tool to dump those games directly to the computer rather than on the SD card.

ExFAT is known to be pretty unstable on the Switch due to bad driver support, among some other things.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I started the process of hacking my switch I used a 512GB DS Card Formatted as ExFAT... Is there a way to still use they type of file system so I dont have to split the games when ripping them? I prefer to keep them as one file. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

View attachment 403291
ExFat is known to have some major stability issues. I suggest going with Fat32 and then just using NXDumpMerger to merge them back into 1 file. That's what I've been doing for a few years now.

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ExFat is known to have some major stability issues. I suggest going with Fat32 and then just using NXDumpMerger to merge them back into 1 file. That's what I've been doing for a few years now.
Ok. noted. Thanks.

Wish there was a way for me to just keep dumping the games without having to go in and out of the NX Dump tool.

But I have a question. If I dump an 8GB game and I want it installed on the SD CARD and not the NAND how do you do that. I want to store all of my ripped games on the SD CARD.

Thoughts on that?
Post automatically merged:

Use dbi and dump directly to pc
Awesome I will do this... can I install games larger than 8GB back to the SD Card to play when Fat 32? I will start using DBI to dump instead of NXDumpTool.

Last edited by Twiggs4625,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch