Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
DeMoN said:
I think the AP is just much harder and prevalent now. Remember Mario and Luigi last year? Maybe nowadays, all games have that degree of AP in them.
Think about the 3DS. If the patchers can't handle this stuff, we'll never see a crack for that system.
First, it's not that they can't, it's that they won't.

Second, the 3DS will be much more interesting to hack than a pirated game.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Knyaz Vladimir said:
I killed them. End of story.

Honestly, I have no idea.

Uh..Not exactly, the AP on the recent games are much harder to crack and theres those guys who think that you owe them shit when you tell people that you're making a patch for a game. Those retarded noobs order the patchers around like they're paying them or some shit like that. I'm guessing here that the hackers got tired of those fags and realized that they ain't worth it and decided to let the good suffer for the bad.

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate when people say "Golden Sun hasn't been patched for Acekards/Akaio yet."

There is nothing wrong with Golden Sun on AKAIO. The problem isn't your cart, or the rom, its your slow-ass SD cards. Get one that wasn't made from worms and plastic minnows by small children in China. Then you can enjoy your AP-protected games.

draconk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you are saying that the patches are no longer needed because some flashcards have firmware updates that have an anti AP. But what happen to all the cards that are no longer updated? (like all the Ncard clones that are no updated since 2008)

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL. It's natural progression. All the cards still worth it are being updated as often as necessary by some great people. And some cards, well, pass on in favor of these aforementioned cards that ARE being updated. Patches for AP are rather rare nowadays, because a card worth it's salt (so to speak) will most prob have a worthwhile team monitoring releases and making fixes constantly.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There is no need.....the most important cards of this 2010 day and age are the R4 Wood, AceKard 2i with AKAIO, and SuperCard DSTWO with...uhm....fuck you
tongue.gif

and cracking a ROM itself is not that used much anymore due to the fact of faster and more efficient firmware upgrades

the other cards that fall through the cracks of "slow development" and "laggy firmware upgrades" liek CycloDS, M3i Zero, DSTT, and EDGE (to name a few) bviously are not a priority to the ROM crackers anymore like Venom, Xenophobia, Xenom, and EXiMUS...they have to appeal to the main majority

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
draconk said:
All you are saying that the patches are no longer needed because some flashcards have firmware updates that have an anti AP. But what happen to all the cards that are no longer updated? (like all the Ncard clones that are no updated since 2008)
You throw them away and buy a card that receives regular updates. Nothing lasts forever.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why they'd stop patching just because some flash carts stopped requiring them.
There are still many people who depend on patches to play new releases.

Maybe we should stop complaining about the intros they put, just a thought.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I don't see why they'd stop patching just because some flash carts stopped requiring them.
if I'm going to make something for myself, I might as well just take 5 seconds and toss the source out to people.

However if I'm not making it for myself (as in there's no benefit to me), I'm not going to take the time to make the thing in the first place.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd all find better things to do then I wouldn't have to patch the patched game to remove the cracktro. In all seriousness, and card worth it's salt will circumvent most AP and if not it'll have a fix relatively fast. Even the lowly R4 and DSTT could play Golden Sun within days. There's just no work for patchers they're going to go the way of the wheelwright.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still think patches are more necessary now than before. I mean, it was one thing to tell someone to buy a CycloDS two years ago, but it'd be completely ridiculous to tell someone they have no choice but to buy an R4 now. The DS is almost at the end of its lifespan, and no one really wants to spend any more money (especially if they were the ones who followed the advice to buy a Cyclo).

Again, I think there's a better reason why hackers stopped releasing patches than just saying everyone has a good enough flash cart now, because they don't.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think Golden Sun has them stumped.

I think they can't do it.

You hear me, patchers? This one's beyond you're capabilities, isn't it? You guys simply aren't clever enough to handle that one. Camelot and Nintendo beat you, didn't they?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
I think Golden Sun has them stumped.

I think they can't do it.

You hear me, patchers? This one's beyond you're capabilities, isn't it? You guys simply aren't clever enough to handle that one. Camelot and Nintendo beat you, didn't they?

Really.... You posted that.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia +1