Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iggloovortex said:
Farquad said:
iggloovortex said:
So far as i know, the R4 Ultra is the only card that cant play Golden Sun right now.

CycloDS doesn't run the game either.

Well its a good thing that it occasionally gets FW updates right? R4 Ultra never gets any

we waited around 6 months for the last update and all it said on the change log was "numerous game compatability fixes". It didn't even specify which ones were fixed and as far as I can tell "numerous" means very few.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikardo03 said:
iggloovortex said:
did you not go to the site rikardo? there is absolutely NO mention of AKAIO

EDIT:All of a sudden on the first page it links to download page for AKAIO 1.8.1. but i still dont see a download
yes.. and there is a download link...
http://www.r4ultra.com/download/en_1.56.rar

thats the regular fw for the cart. which dates to september

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry! wrong link!
biggrin.gif

*snip
here's the link..
biggrin.gif

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soo you want these " so called patcher's" to patch all the games that does't work on your flash cart and others for his/her life?

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ringo619 said:
soo you want these " so called patcher's" to patch all the games that does't work on your flash cart and others for his/her life?
Hmmm..Read the topic title?
"Where Did All The Patchers Go?"

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm saddened by this development as well.

Super Scribblenauts never got patched, certainly never will be at this point, and I'm starting to think USA Golden Sun won't be patched either.

Hopefully when the NZ and EU versions come out in the next few days, ONE of these English versions will be patched, but I'm not holding my breath.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the AP is just much harder and prevalent now. Remember Mario and Luigi last year? Maybe nowadays, all games have that degree of AP in them.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
  • Wood R4 is open-source and has been ported to multiple flash carts. These happen to be the cheap/old/knockoff carts that many people in foreign countries (where these patches generally come from) are using.
  • AKAIO got AAP, which bypasses the type of AP all the new games are using.
  • The DSTwo came out and it's like a cyclo AP-wise, but it costs less and has a butt-ton more features, so people bought it up like mad.
If they don't need to patch things, then they won't bother making and distributing a patch.
Actually it's butt-load, not "butt-ton".
But yeah, for most things patches aren't needed, so they don't need to make them as often.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I think a ton of butts counts for more than what a single butt can carry.
wink.gif
so you said butt-ton in the first place cause you knew I would have this argument and then you could win the argument with that statement.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DeMoN said:
I think the AP is just much harder and prevalent now. Remember Mario and Luigi last year? Maybe nowadays, all games have that degree of AP in them.

Think about the 3DS. If the patchers can't handle this stuff, we'll never see a crack for that system.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
DeMoN said:

Think about the 3DS. If the patchers can't handle this stuff, we'll never see a crack for that system.
I am a beleiver that the 3DS will have custom firmware and we will find a way to run cart roms as 3DSware.
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw