Hacking Where Can I find Kingston(Made In Japan)MicroSD?

False Hope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know where I can find the one (Made In Japan) NOT the one (Made In Taiwan)? Thanks.
smile.gif

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a 1 Gb Kingston www.memorybits.co.uk, it was one of the Japanese ones - clearly states on the packaging.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from buy.com (1GB Kingston, made in Japan, package model number is SDC/1GB, marking on card is SD-C01G JAPAN)

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_1GB_micro.../202984127.html

I don't know if all of these are made in Japan, YMMV.

I formatted it as FAT16, C:POR works flawlessly. Haven't tried it with FAT32.
I got mine from buy.com as well, that same one. It's also SD-C01G JAPAN. Apparently though, we lucked out. In another thread someone is reported to getting the TAIWAN one from buy.com, same item. Guess it's a toss up with them and you'll get either. And I'm using FAT32 on it right now, works perfectly.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ooooh. maybe that's why some aren't having problems and some are... with castlevania: PoR, for example. I have a Kingston (Jappy). I got it from buy.com, but I guess it's just by chance that I got one.

SprkFade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.newegg.com

If you look at the picture it says "Made in Japan" under the barcode. I just ordered one last night so I can update this when I get it to make sure it is indeed the Japan one.

fitzbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newegg.com is the best. Although i bought one of the 1gb kingston micros last week at 24.99, and it's 17.99 this week.. time to buy another...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Taiwan version from buy.com last month, but it works 99% perfectly.
Just one slight jitter during the Castlevania intro.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.newegg.com

If you look at the picture it says "Made in Japan" under the barcode. I just ordered one last night so I can update this when I get it to make sure it is indeed the Japan one.

True, but you may get another. I just purchased 2. Came the next day but both made in Taiwan. I don't really mind since I have a retail Castlevania POR but just to give a heads up to people considering Newegg. I don't know how much weight this rumor holds for Japanese Kingstons being better than Taiwanese Kingstons but I'll test them with a sandisk ultra and regular soon as I got some time on my hands.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible that Kingston have taken production of 1Gb Micro SD cards to Taiwan now? I was speaking to a seller in China and he said that all stock of 1Gb is coming from Taiwan. Only the early batches were from Japan.

Just a thought.

False Hope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible that Kingston have taken production of 1Gb Micro SD cards to Taiwan now? I was speaking to a seller in China and he said that all stock of 1Gb is coming from Taiwan. Only the early batches were from Japan.

Just a thought.

Yeah someone posted here an email of kingston saying that there gonna stop production in japan. And shift all of it to taiwan. I was the first person to email them the diff between the Taiwan/Japan cards. So if I was yall its either hurry up before the production stop, or get the PNY 1GB MicroSD, because there are both closely related, PNY memory is also manufactured in Japan, which is an incredible coincidence.
wink2.gif

fitzbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.newegg.com

If you look at the picture it says "Made in Japan" under the barcode. I just ordered one last night so I can update this when I get it to make sure it is indeed the Japan one.

True, but you may get another. I just purchased 2. Came the next day but both made in Taiwan. I don't really mind since I have a retail Castlevania POR but just to give a heads up to people considering Newegg. I don't know how much weight this rumor holds for Japanese Kingstons being better than Taiwanese Kingstons but I'll test them with a sandisk ultra and regular soon as I got some time on my hands.

Odd, mine was ordered just last week and it was Assembled in Japan.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have mixed batches of Taiwan and Japan which are delivered to Kingston retailers. As far as I know, Kingston is outsourcing all their new batches of products to Taiwan manufacture. Cheap and efficient in its manufacture - I'm sure no company would want to pass that deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anN2kPO0prY