• Start date
  • Views 10,355
  • Replies 34

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update. Got the CF003 a day earlier. Short version: it works. But only fully works with the switch. And only if I have the Switch AC adapter plugged in. I accidentally left my S8 fast charger plugged in while I was trying to get DeX mode to work and while the Switch would switch (no pun intended) to display through HDMI, nothing showed up on my TV as it detected there wasn't enough power. After switching to the Switch power adapter it worked perfectly fine. Haven't tested if all 3 USB ports worked yet, but I'll get around to that later.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905
D

Deleted-355425

OP
If you guys want, just buy the Samsung S8 adapter. It's the same card/chip inside.

Read that the switch requires more power then standard USB C so it needs modifying hence these new adapters specifically for use with the switch.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Read that the switch requires more power then standard USB C so it needs modifying hence these new adapters specifically for use with the switch.
I know. It's the same in the S8 for the HDMI etc. Let me find the source on Youtube.

EDIT: Found it - - All are C-Force units. So buy the C-Force adapter or another chinese version of it.

Last edited by linuxares,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a quick update. Got the CF003 a day earlier. Short version: it works. But only fully works with the switch. And only if I have the Switch AC adapter plugged in. I accidentally left my S8 fast charger plugged in while I was trying to get DeX mode to work and while the Switch would switch (no pun intended) to display through HDMI, nothing showed up on my TV as it detected there wasn't enough power. After switching to the Switch power adapter it worked perfectly fine. Haven't tested if all 3 USB ports worked yet, but I'll get around to that later.

Afaik, CF003 got 2 different version when they sell them on TaoBao, one for Switch and one for S8.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've heard that mentioned before, but I haven't seen any proof of it. There was a teardown of the other Switch adapter (the Switch-Con) and that's definitely using the same board, but I haven't seen a teardown of the SFANS.
Anyway, the SFANS should be tested for full compatibility with Switch, including USB-PD, something that can't be said for the C-Force. And the price is around the same, and it's Switch themed, so why not.

I'm 99% sure it's the same chip. You'd be amazed how many companies just sell rebranded stuff in different boxes and logos for different prices, and call that innovation. Most firms do not have the capability to design their own chip. (Won't be a smart move financially even if they could do that in-house.) They just hire IC design firm to do that for them, or better, bought pre-designed chips that features those functions.

Reactions: DarwinG
D

Deleted-355425

OP
Afaik, CF003 got 2 different version when they sell them on TaoBao, one for Switch and one for S8.

I'm 99% sure it's the same chip. You'd be amazed how many companies just sell rebranded stuff in different boxes and logos for different prices, and call that innovation. Most firms do not have the capability to design their own chip. (Won't be a smart move financially even if they could do that in-house.) They just hire IC design firm to do that for them, or better, bought pre-designed chips that features those functions.

The difference is software I believe.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Even Intel does that. Everytime Microsoft drops support for a recent CPU, it's because Intel outsourced the GPU to a company that refuses to make a new driver

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm seems you're right. Didn't pay attention and got lucky I got the switch version at least. Since that's the one I wanted. At least HDMI output still works. Just no dex for the s8.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

DanielNTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Available for Pre-order with Free Shipping (PayPal accepted):

CF001: $69.99
C-FORCE CF001 Type-C to Type-C USB 4K HDMI DeX Docking Station for Nintendo Switch for Samsung S8
https://www.banggood.com/C-FORCE-CF...tion-for-Switch-for-Samsung-S8-p-1180004.html

CF002: $59.99
C-FORCE CF002 Type-C to Type-C PD Charging USB 3.1 4K HDMI Hub Docking for Nintendo Switch
https://www.banggood.com/C-FORCE-CF...ub-Docking-for-Nintendo-Switch-p-1181060.html

CF003: $64.99
C-FORCE CF003 Type-C to Type-C USB 3.1 4K HDMI Hub USB Docking for Nintendo Switch for Samsung S8
https://www.banggood.com/C-FORCE-CF...Nintendo-Switch-for-Samsung-S8-p-1181736.html

There's also a 9% coupon code: DONCU7 that will take 9% off the prices listed above.

I'm not affiliated in any way to C-Force or BangGood, just been tracking the prices and where to buy the adapters.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
China. C-Force CF002 is now out as well. A bit higher price but streamlined. You can get a service that gives you an address in China and they'll ship it to you once they receive it. That or eBay. The Chinese sites that sell it only ship to China.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
China. C-Force CF002 is now out as well. A bit higher price but streamlined. You can get a service that gives you an address in China and they'll ship it to you once they receive it. That or eBay. The Chinese sites that sell it only ship to China.

price?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c