Hardware Where can I buy C-FORCE CF001?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 10,319
  • Replies 34
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I know this is probably very hard to get ahold of without being in China but does anyone know of a retailer/seller who sells these at a decent price?

This little adapter really does work. Check out here (most know it anyway).

Neither Aliexpress or Gearbest have them - as expected.

DarwinG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They ship worldwide? I tried looking on Taobao for an English version of the website but doesn't seem to exist.

In time these boxes will become widely available so suppose I'll just be patient.

395693412.png

Im Chinese people, and I asked the vendor at TaoBao. Below is the translation.
Q: Can this ship worldwide?
A: Yes.
A: But freight charge is by your account.
A: And the ship address needs to be very detailed.
Q: OK. Thanks!
A: You are welcome.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
This one has only about one USB port but Christ, that really is extremely thin and small. I'd still probably go for that one since you've showed it.

View attachment 93129

Im Chinese people, and I asked the vendor at TaoBao. Below is the translation.
Q: Can this ship worldwide?
A: Yes.
A: But freight charge is by your account.
A: And the ship address needs to be very detailed.
Q: OK. Thanks!
A: You are welcome.

Thanks. I'm going to be a bit patient for a few months to see if it pops up on eBay/Aliexpress/Gearbest and if it doesn't then I'll order from Taobao.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want them to build it into a pop up stand. Maybe something that looks a little like a camera tripod on it's side?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know this is probably very hard to get ahold of without being in China but does anyone know of a retailer/seller who sells these at a decent price?

This little adapter really does work. Check out here (most know it anyway).

Neither Aliexpress or Gearbest have them - as expected.
It was on Taobao last time I checked, but honestly it's such a pain to navigate and order from a Chinese-only website.
I ended up backing this instead, the price was around the same and I like the Switch-themed design, the crowdfunding is still open for 6 more days: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...endo-switch-truly-portable-games-videogames#/
Plus I wasn't sure if the C-Force would support USB-PD, and it's pretty useless if it doesn't. Galaxy S8(+) supports both USB-PD and Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, but there's no guarantee which standard that adapter is using, and the Switch will likely drain quite quickly when docked if using a non USB-PD charger.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish Nintendo would jack some of these designs or at least draw inspiration and offer official support like this. They'd make a ton of money. Plus, with future console iterations, they could even give an option of one with dock or one with this. Maybe shave $30-$50 off the price if they skip the dock. Almost like a "Arcade or Core" Xbox 360. Remember those?
Not that they need to worry about reducing their price any soon. But I swear, if they did stuff like making this thing $50 cheaper and ALLOWED WAITLISTS for buying this (up to 2 months) like Apple does, they would make a killing.
Nintendo needs to start selling direct from their site like Apple. I really want them to be super successful this generation.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It was on Taobao last time I checked, but honestly it's such a pain to navigate and order from a Chinese-only website.
I ended up backing this instead, the price was around the same and I like the Switch-themed design, the crowdfunding is still open for 6 more days: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...endo-switch-truly-portable-games-videogames#/
Plus I wasn't sure if the C-Force would support USB-PD, and it's pretty useless if it doesn't. Galaxy S8(+) supports both USB-PD and Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, but there's no guarantee which standard that adapter is using, and the Switch will likely drain quite quickly when docked if using a non USB-PD charger.

That's the rebranded Chinese product using the same chipset. Afaik all of those Galaxy S8/Switch dongles use the same chip from the same company that made C-Force dongle.

And FYI to others mentioned Taobao, the Chinese site (not the world.taobao.com domain) usually have more options and cheaper in price, just that they don't usually ship worldwide unless you lived in HK, TW or JP.

HuYingwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's the rebranded Chinese product using the same chipset. Afaik all of those Galaxy S8/Switch dongles use the same chip from the same company that made C-Force dongle.

And FYI to others mentioned Taobao, the Chinese site (not the world.taobao.com domain) usually have more options and cheaper in price, just that they don't usually ship worldwide unless you lived in HK, TW or JP.

Yes, actually, as I know, CFORCE is a brand of a IC design company in Shenzhen, they are doing type-c related ICs.
In USA, people also can buy Chinese website goods by shipping agent.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I've heard that mentioned before, but I haven't seen any proof of it. There was a teardown of the other Switch adapter (the Switch-Con) and that's definitely using the same board, but I haven't seen a teardown of the SFANS.
Anyway, the SFANS should be tested for full compatibility with Switch, including USB-PD, something that can't be said for the C-Force. And the price is around the same, and it's Switch themed, so why not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast