Where can I buy C-FORCE CF001?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I know this is probably very hard to get ahold of without being in China but does anyone know of a retailer/seller who sells these at a decent price?

This little adapter really does work. Check out here (most know it anyway).

Neither Aliexpress or Gearbest have them - as expected.

2. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
  3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    They ship worldwide? I tried looking on Taobao for an English version of the website but doesn't seem to exist.

In time these boxes will become widely available so suppose I'll just be patient.

4. TerraPhantm

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    I've never ordered from them, but they do apparently ship worldwide

5. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Taobao does not ship worldwide. You will have to buy through a third-party.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

6. TerraPhantm

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    It shows USPS as a courier right on the page, so...

7. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
  8. DarwinG

DarwinG Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    China
    395693412.png

Im Chinese people, and I asked the vendor at TaoBao. Below is the translation.
    Q: Can this ship worldwide?
    A: Yes.
    A: But freight charge is by your account.
    A: And the ship address needs to be very detailed.
    Q: OK. Thanks!
    A: You are welcome.

9. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This one has only about one USB port but Christ, that really is extremely thin and small. I'd still probably go for that one since you've showed it.

Thanks. I'm going to be a bit patient for a few months to see if it pops up on eBay/Aliexpress/Gearbest and if it doesn't then I'll order from Taobao.

10. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Would this sort of thing work?

11. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The set is said to have a special board that only a few specific ones actually work.

KiiWii likes this.
  12. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I really want them to build it into a pop up stand. Maybe something that looks a little like a camera tripod on it's side?

13. stab244

stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 1, 2008
    United States
    I have a CF003 on the way. Supposed to arrive on Tuesday PST, but probably won't get around to really testing it out until Thursday due to work. I'll consider putting up a review in the review forums if anyone is interested.

zezzo, CuriousTommy, DarwinG and 3 others like this.
  14. HuYingwen

HuYingwen Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    Shenzhen
  15. DarwinG

DarwinG Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    China
    广告都打到这儿来了。。京东又不寄海外,另外加上适配器也贵了吧。。

16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It was on Taobao last time I checked, but honestly it's such a pain to navigate and order from a Chinese-only website.
    I ended up backing this instead, the price was around the same and I like the Switch-themed design, the crowdfunding is still open for 6 more days: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...endo-switch-truly-portable-games-videogames#/
    Plus I wasn't sure if the C-Force would support USB-PD, and it's pretty useless if it doesn't. Galaxy S8(+) supports both USB-PD and Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, but there's no guarantee which standard that adapter is using, and the Switch will likely drain quite quickly when docked if using a non USB-PD charger.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 31, 2017
  17. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    I really wish Nintendo would jack some of these designs or at least draw inspiration and offer official support like this. They'd make a ton of money. Plus, with future console iterations, they could even give an option of one with dock or one with this. Maybe shave $30-$50 off the price if they skip the dock. Almost like a "Arcade or Core" Xbox 360. Remember those?
    Not that they need to worry about reducing their price any soon. But I swear, if they did stuff like making this thing $50 cheaper and ALLOWED WAITLISTS for buying this (up to 2 months) like Apple does, they would make a killing.
    Nintendo needs to start selling direct from their site like Apple. I really want them to be super successful this generation.

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  18. _______

_______ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    That's the rebranded Chinese product using the same chipset. Afaik all of those Galaxy S8/Switch dongles use the same chip from the same company that made C-Force dongle.

And FYI to others mentioned Taobao, the Chinese site (not the world.taobao.com domain) usually have more options and cheaper in price, just that they don't usually ship worldwide unless you lived in HK, TW or JP.

19. HuYingwen

HuYingwen Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    Shenzhen
    Yes, actually, as I know, CFORCE is a brand of a IC design company in Shenzhen, they are doing type-c related ICs.
    In USA, people also can buy Chinese website goods by shipping agent.

20. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I've heard that mentioned before, but I haven't seen any proof of it. There was a teardown of the other Switch adapter (the Switch-Con) and that's definitely using the same board, but I haven't seen a teardown of the SFANS.
    Anyway, the SFANS should be tested for full compatibility with Switch, including USB-PD, something that can't be said for the C-Force. And the price is around the same, and it's Switch themed, so why not.