Gaming When will the GBA die?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When did the Gameboy Color die? The last monochrome Gameboy Game was meant to be Pokemon Silver/Gold. Then again, it doesn't feel like it was 6 years that I asked someone to buy one in Hong Kong when it was released in Japan

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
gbarls.JPG

Goodbye old buddy! :'(

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cheer up guys! Even a couple of days ago, a japanese NES game was released!

Never give up your hope...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think it has a future still even if Japan gave up on it. NOA with both the GBC but very mainly so with the GB kept the system alive a lot longer than it should have lasted.

With the amount of hardware it still moves in the NA market there's no reason to cut people off, and going by their old patterns I'd expect to see a lot more $20 Player's Choice and just re-issued titles. Have them at stores in just one small rack or in a cardboard holder thing so it doesn't take up actual retailed locked case space. That way you can still make some cash and keep the GBA owners happy + would allow DS owners to get something they missed out on cheap and new.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres still some more games on the way, that werent listed on Gamefaq mostly from THQ and Activision and movie games, there seems to be a fair few out in Europe, most of those will be total crap. We all know its in its last year but I still see plenty of kids walking around with GBA SP's I guess though it still sells the games dont which is odd seeing the NDS can play them, but then what was the last big GBA Nintendo title?

Its a real shame that Nintendo never gave it a proper send off seeing that the GBA was really the profit maker, would it really hurt them to even release Mother 3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1