Gaming When is the Big 3DS Update???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
There has been no specified date; however, we DO know that it will be sometime this month.
unsure.gif

This update will enable the features that 3DS users have been waiting for (a web browser, Nintendo eShop, and more)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
most likely as is get close to the date the update is ready

Nintendo should give out more info on what the update will do and what free thing/s the update will give you (if any)
and
what will be in the eShop, when it opens

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm going to repeat what was said above because I need to post what has been said over and over already.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they said that we will be getting Excitebike 3D for free when the store launches...so just be patient

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah be patient, now it's not a matter of months but only mere days!! We can get through this!!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nottulys said:
Well they said that we will be getting Excitebike 3D for free when the store launches...so just be patient
I'd rather have 1000 free points like on the DSi, but I guess this is better than nothing
wink.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Nottulys said:
I'd rather have 1000 free points like on the DSi, but I guess this is better than nothing
wink.gif
They're not doing points this time around, everything costs real money.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
SpaceJump said:
Nottulys said:
wink.gif
For real? I'd love a source on that.
To actually pay in real money and not buying points for once would actually be great, but they'd still need to have some sort of pre-paid system for kids without credit cards.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
leeday100196 said:
SpaceJump said:
Nottulys said:
wink.gif
For real? I'd love a source on that.
To actually pay in real money and not buying points for once would actually be great, but they'd still need to have some sort of pre-paid system for kids without credit cards.
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/no-more-points-...ey-to-buy-stuff

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo basically is doing what PSN users have been doing for awhile. You can drop money into a wallet to pay straight off a credit card (not sure if you can store funds for later, but considering their issues I would not.) The other would be like it is now, go to the store and buy a pre-loaded amount card at the counter. They've got that set and the universal single friend code per handheld, so I'm hoping this plays out in them growing up and not being bitches about end users rights. Hopefully things can be lifted from unit A->B without calling Nintendo and hoping to get someone nice who will do a transfer which is so dumb.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo's Developer Conference is scheduled for the 17th, and one of the key features to be discussed is "Nintendo 3DS's new e-Shop." My take: we shouldn't expect the update anytime before the conference.

As an aside, other key features to be discussed that stuck out to me were:

-Online Matchmaking
-Friend Presence
-Anti-piracy

...among other things.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a email from nintendo here what it said
To answer your question, here's what I can tell you about the Nintendo eShop: • The Nintendo eShop will be available via a system update currently scheduled for the end of this month. • Users will be able to purchase Nintendo 3DS games and DSiWare, as well as classic Game Boy and Game Boy Color, SEGA Game Gear and TurboGrafx-16 games. • The Nintendo eShop will use a cash-based system instead of points. As with the Nintendo DSi Shop, users can make purchases either by credit card or by redeeming a pre-paid card bought at retail. • Users will have access to trailers and product information to assist with purchasing decisions.

So it the end of the month not the middle but I think someone did say late late may. So we should have b4 june 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all