When is 3ds 11.3 CFW Exploit going to be released?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 3Bies, Apr 10, 2017.

1. 3Bies
    OP

3Bies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Im sure everyone who wants CFW is wondering... When is Smealum going to release a 11.3 CFW hack? 11.3 Had a ton of security updates and crap, somehow soundhaxs is safe... Anyways on Smealum's twitter, it has shown that they had already bypassed one of the payloads and may be finished within a few months or years. My sister has a new 3ds and is desperate for CFW... My cousin as well......... -_- Anyone knows a better estimate of a new bypass? Im sure to stick around what Smealum is posting...

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    This belongs in eof :)) shit like this makes delays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Apr 10, 2017.
    Apr 10, 2017
  4. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    smea only works on userland exploits, not on arm9 kernel

DeeboBardo and MeAndHax like this.
  5. BarteringRam
    This message by BarteringRam has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Apr 10, 2017.
    Apr 10, 2017
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    It'll be released once it happens.

If you really want CFW, get a different 3DS, one on a lower FW.

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    First and foremost, Smealum does not actually release these kernel exploits. In most cases these kernel exploits are explained (and often not even by Smealum,) put on 3dbrew, and someone else actually ends up making the exploits. As well these exploits are not easy to find, they aren't made through magic. These exploits require extremely long periods of time to find, stabilize, and in time may end up in the wild. If all known exploit methods end up patched, then they need to find new ones, which is extremely time consuming.
    It also doesn't help that 11.3 added a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the Homemenu. This has even patched out hardmod/dsiware downgrade. This means a completely new exploit needs to be found that doesn't require those and also works on 11.3.

If you want a CFW, sell your 3DS, and buy a new one.

MeAndHax likes this.
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Maybe never. Besides sighax there haven't been any new kernel exploits revealed and there seem to have been zero progress on sighax since it was revealed months ago so that may never see the light of day either.

MeAndHax likes this.
  9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Lel, you best be telling your sister and cousin to start saving up their allowance from mummy and daddy to buy 11.2 firmware 3DS, because there isn't going to be any exploits on 11.3 for a very, VERY long time.

10. W4T4R1

W4T4R1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2014
    Italy
    Soon™

11. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    oh boy, here we go again :rofl2::rofl2: Seriously though, It could happen randomly... Someone could find something tomorrow, or something could be found 2 years from now. No one knows. Userland exploits are not cfw's.. Id say either wait for it to happen, or buy a new 3ds that is lower than 11.3. Those are the 2 options.

12. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Shhhhh, it'll be ok child....

(dunks 3bies head under water and holds it there until the fighting stops)

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  13. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I think it's best not to say these types of things in 11.3 CFW threads. Assume the worst always and never be disappointed!

Reminds me of the BOTW days, all those optimists in the leak thread saying how hopeful they are of bruteforcing the 128bit encryption key on the first attempt :rofl2:

14. Helmax

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    It's going to be released by Nintendo tomorrow, OCFW 11.3

Biff627 likes this.
  15. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    omg :rofl2: No matter what, people will be disappointed though. I cant help that I want to just push it along.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh man those leaks. Can't wait.

Jao Chu likes this.
  16. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Lol, i know the feeling, i'm repressing the urges to post photos of my three A9LH'ed 3DS's constantly (two of which sit in a closet, doing nothing) :P

17. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    You got a galaxy one by any chance? lol

18. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Nar, nothing that new and exciting, unfortunately :( Just two old (but hardly used) O3DS XLs and a launch N3DS XL. All hardmodded tho :)

19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Well, it was worth a try. You're more likely to win the lottery but it doesn't cost anything to try :P
    Also, it served another purpose, which is keeping those people occupied and keeping them from spamming down and DDoSing the forum with "Did it leak yet?!"

20. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Why would anybody do this?
    We had so many exploits through the time, it's unbelievable, everyone who wanted to install cfw, did it. We had many, many opportunities.
    It Would be a waste of exploit If it would be released for 11.3, just so the minority can install cfw and Nintendo can patch it next week. And then everything would start from the beginning.. in two weeks you would see people asking desperately for 11.4 hack. It's always the same. I'm sorry but it's not possible to make it available for everyone.

21. YoshiB

YoshiB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    For those of us who already have CFW, 11.3 isn't a problem sadly. But for everybody else, there will be an exploit in time.

Life will find a way. Or in our case,

Life will find an ARM11 kernel exploit.

22. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    There is more chance of Elon Musks SpaceX colonizing Mars within 10 earth years than there is of a 11.3 kernel exploit.

sunfused likes this.