When I press the A button the start button is also "pressed", and vice versa.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6nocturne6
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,314
  • Replies Replies 6

6nocturne6

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
50
Country
Philippines
Whenever I press the A button the Start button also gets magically pressed (it works both ways as well), I opened up my 2ds hoping to find something but i dont know what i would even look for I thought this problem stemmed from my flash cart but i just checked with an app called Diagnose and it did explain the problems i was facing playing mario kart. pls help :sobbing:

The problem:
 
Last edited by 6nocturne6,
Whenever I press the A button the Start button also gets magically pressed (it works both ways as well), I opened up my 2ds hoping to find something but i dont know what i would even look for I thought this problem stemmed from my flash cart but i just checked with an app called Diagnose and it did explain the problems i was facing playing mario kart. pls help :sobbing:

The problem:
View attachment 380389
You might just need to clean the entire region with the button contacts with some IPA or other electronics cleaner and a toothbrush or cotton swab.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6nocturne6
Hmm, sounds like a hardware issue, like a bad passive component or a solder bridge. I'd say open the 2DS and very carefully examine the logic board around the ABXY and Start button area for anything amiss.

The main issue here is the Old 2DS uses rubber contact pads on the bare PCB of the logic board, instead of clicky button pads like on other 3DS models.
 
Hmm, sounds like a hardware issue, like a bad passive component or a solder bridge. I'd say open the 2DS and very carefully examine the logic board around the ABXY and Start button area for anything amiss.

The main issue here is the Old 2DS uses rubber contact pads on the bare PCB of the logic board, instead of clicky button pads like on other 3DS models.
i'll try that, thank you for replying :>>
 
You might just need to clean the entire region with the button contacts with some IPA or other electronics cleaner and a toothbrush or cotton swab.
i jus tried that and it didnt help but imma try again later ngl taking apart a 2ds takes a toll on you😭😭😭
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted