When I press the A button the start button is also "pressed", and vice versa.

6nocturne6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Whenever I press the A button the Start button also gets magically pressed (it works both ways as well), I opened up my 2ds hoping to find something but i dont know what i would even look for I thought this problem stemmed from my flash cart but i just checked with an app called Diagnose and it did explain the problems i was facing playing mario kart. pls help :sobbing:

The problem:

Last edited by 6nocturne6,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Whenever I press the A button the Start button also gets magically pressed (it works both ways as well), I opened up my 2ds hoping to find something but i dont know what i would even look for I thought this problem stemmed from my flash cart but i just checked with an app called Diagnose and it did explain the problems i was facing playing mario kart. pls help :sobbing:

The problem:
View attachment 380389
You might just need to clean the entire region with the button contacts with some IPA or other electronics cleaner and a toothbrush or cotton swab.

Reactions: 6nocturne6

sucrose1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, sounds like a hardware issue, like a bad passive component or a solder bridge. I'd say open the 2DS and very carefully examine the logic board around the ABXY and Start button area for anything amiss.

The main issue here is the Old 2DS uses rubber contact pads on the bare PCB of the logic board, instead of clicky button pads like on other 3DS models.

6nocturne6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hmm, sounds like a hardware issue, like a bad passive component or a solder bridge. I'd say open the 2DS and very carefully examine the logic board around the ABXY and Start button area for anything amiss.

The main issue here is the Old 2DS uses rubber contact pads on the bare PCB of the logic board, instead of clicky button pads like on other 3DS models.
i'll try that, thank you for replying :>>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto