Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
4.1U on my wii. Sister's wii is 4.0U. Considering updating both to 4.2.

Also have 2 SNEEK NANDs. One is running 4.2U, other running a home-made "look-alike" of 1.0 (for nostalgia purposes)...
How did you make a look alike of 1.0? I remember I had that for 1 day once the Wii came out. I wonder if any Wii is still running 1.0.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
How did you make a look alike of 1.0? I remember I had that for 1 day once the Wii came out. I wonder if any Wii is still running 1.0.
Based it on pics in a launch-day wii user manual which are of 1.0. Some pics can also be found in an old Nintendo press release. The menu itself is actually a hacked 2.0U.

If you have a launch-day wii, take a look in the users manual (NOT the "Quick Setup" guide), the pics are most likely 1.0. Easiest way to tell is to look at the blue line in a pic of the main screen. If it is straight, (no "dip" in the center between the settings and mail buttons), it's 1.0.

I have to run right now (got to go to college to buy books and get a parking permit), but I can post a few pics of my wii running the look-alike later.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1U since after that, these bad things happen:

- No modchip region free gaming

- Boot2 gets overwritten (chance of bricking if lightning strikes...)

- No new features, only hacks blocked

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
Based it on pics in a launch-day wii user manual which are of 1.0. Some pics can also be found in an old Nintendo press release. The menu itself is actually a hacked 2.0U.

If you have a launch-day wii, take a look in the users manual (NOT the "Quick Setup" guide), the pics are most likely 1.0. Easiest way to tell is to look at the blue line in a pic of the main screen. If it is straight, (no "dip" in the center between the settings and mail buttons), it's 1.0.

I have to run right now (got to go to college to buy books and get a parking permit), but I can post a few pics of my wii running the look-alike later.
I would like to see those pictures. How did you hack 2.0U? Hex edit?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
4.3 U/E/J/K[via SNEEK], but on the real NAND, 4.1U with 4.3 IOSes[except stub IOS 60]. No point updating the actual menu since they've added zero features after 4.1 and you don't need an updated menu to run games[Priiloader blocks updates, and I scrub all my games to remove updates anyway].

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
techboy said:
QUOTE said:

I would like to see those pictures. How did you hack 2.0U? Hex edit?
Most of it was built like a normal menu theme. One BRLYT hack, and 3 image replacements. I also hacked the settings menu HTML and removed all options that weren't in the 1.0 menu. I'm still confused about the 'Wii System Update' though. My pictures from the manual indicate that no such button existed, but Wiibrew says that there was an option for it in internet settings.
unsure.gif

As for hex hacks, I only had to make a few. One made the menu RF (no semi-bricks!), one removed the version # from the settings (there's probably a way to do this in the BRLYTs...I was too lazy to look), one changed a few internal file paths to allow me to reduce the size of iplSetting.ash and resolve a memory issue.

A few hacks to the TMD changed it's version to 33 (1.0) from 97 (2.0U), and changed its IOS to 9 (on SNEEK it's IOS70).

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to lock the channels in place. 1.0 didn't let you move them around.

I'll post some pics in a bit. Need to go find a camera...

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.3J here.

I hope everyone never updates again unless required to (Possibly for Metroid Prime: Other M and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
im on 3.2E, hackable and safe, (onece i updated to 4.2, then used Anyregionchanger modm5 bundled with softmii(hard to find) downgrade back to 3.2 flawlessly (do not do this if not nessecary)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple