What's wrong with weed?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: It's a gateway drug. Fact. It leads many, many people to end up trying harmful drugs. Or people end up smoking it laced with some harmful shit.
Well honestly, that's the buyers fault. It's not that hard these days to find a reliable seller or anything. Hell, we've been buying pot off of one guy for 3 years now. But that is true, it's just here, nobody really laces any of their weed. But it's only a gateway drug if the person is stupid to try other drugs. Like me, I smoke every day and everything, and I haven't had the urge to try any other drug as I know it's not smart. The only other drug I smoked was Salvia 25x, and that's because it's legal. Tried it once, got awesomely high where I was having fun just playing games and shit, then I didn't try it or any other drug besides weed again.
2: People often get addicted to it. "But Hells it isn't addict-" it is. It's mentally addictive, people who use it, I think it was, 3 or so days a week start to quickly develop a mindset that makes them feel awkward when they aren't high, that they need to be high to feel right or proper. This is bad. Addiction is not a good thing.
That's debatable. I'm a really shy person who is in a really small shell, but when I smoke weed, I'm more open, more sociable and just an overall more fun guy to be around. I mean, if you're going to say that as an excuse as to why it's bad, you might as well say all alcohol is bad and that shouldn't be legal.
5: The medical excuse is pretty null and void since a very large majority of people do not smoke weed for any medicinal purposes. It's recreational.

So? That doesn't make it null and void. There are people who do smoke it for medical reasons.

Well "it's the buyer's fault" is the case with every drug. A cokehead can only be addicted to coke but odds are if he's in an environment where he has access to coke he has access to the a rainbow of other flavors. My friend's mom used to be a major pothead as a kid and she told us that it absolutely is, she got into some bad shit and weed was just her first stepping stone. Some kids (honestly, the dividing line here is class) will get weed maybe second hand or not involved in the group that provides it, but others have no issues jumping into a group of kids with a larger access to more drugs. Studies may say this or that but there are plenty of people who just start smoking weed and then decide to go onto much worse things.

I would say, from the cases I've heard, that it is mentally addictive. Most anything is. Video games are mentally addictive, I'm sure many of us have decided to push the work on that history project back a day to play Skyrim once or twice. People will admit their a video game addict, a chocolate addict, even a movie addict, but "weed addict" seems like some sort of foreign concept. Anything can be mentally addictive. I mean we have Korean kids dying from playing too much Starcraft or children dying from neglect because their parents are too busy playing some computer game, hell I even read a story a while ago about a kid who died from masturbating too much in a day. All these kids were addicted to a substance that wasn't chemical, but weed addiction is considered to be false and every pothead will go "NO IT'S NOT ADDICTIVE" if you say it is.

My personal philosophy on weed is that it seems like a lot of money going "up in smoke" (pun intended). It's how my dad taught me about drugs. His story was that he smoked weed once when he was a kid. He thought it was average and honestly not anything great. He also realized he spent all this money on some drugs that he could have spent on something he liked (such as music records). So he figured, why waste all this money on something that I'll literally burn through in a short time when I can spend that money on a record that I'll listen to time after time? For me it's the same way with video games. I can spend $60 on a video game that stays with me forever, something that'll keep me entertaining for possibly years. I mean I have Skyrim in my Xbox right now (I got it as a gift but for about $60 I would assume) and I already probably over 100 hours into the game. How many hours are you high for $60 of weed? Plus all the "weed stories" I heard involve them just doing something else while high anyway.

Actually for the case of how long it will last, 60 bucks worth of weed is nothing, but we get a deal where we can buy an ounce or two, and it will actually last us for the whole month.
We've actually calculated this (we calculate shit a lot to get the real facts), but between me and my friend, an ounce can last us a whole month. That costs about 140. Now that money, say we didn't buy weed, it would have gotten used on something stupid and frivolous, like junk food, alcohol, or something stupid. The money would actually be wasted. Sure we could save up our money for something better and shit, but by the time we saved up our weed money, we'd already have the money anyways. It could go into savings sure, but you can say that about video games, movies, fast food restaurants and everything.

Really ? show me where you got that fact from .

Having trouble finding the exact link right now.. hmm. Anyways, just google something like "weed reduces cancer" or something like that. There are a bunch of articles that speak about how weed can reduce cancer, reduce tumor sizes and everything.

There's a reason why it's called dope.

And what reason is that?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
1: It's a gateway drug. Fact. It leads many, many people to end up trying harmful drugs. Or people end up smoking it laced with some harmful shit.
Well honestly, that's the buyers fault. It's not that hard these days to find a reliable seller or anything. Hell, we've been buying pot off of one guy for 3 years now. But that is true, it's just here, nobody really laces any of their weed. But it's only a gateway drug if the person is stupid to try other drugs. Like me, I smoke every day and everything, and I haven't had the urge to try any other drug as I know it's not smart. The only other drug I smoked was Salvia 25x, and that's because it's legal. Tried it once, got awesomely high where I was having fun just playing games and shit, then I didn't try it or any other drug besides weed again.
2: People often get addicted to it. "But Hells it isn't addict-" it is. It's mentally addictive, people who use it, I think it was, 3 or so days a week start to quickly develop a mindset that makes them feel awkward when they aren't high, that they need to be high to feel right or proper. This is bad. Addiction is not a good thing.
That's debatable. I'm a really shy person who is in a really small shell, but when I smoke weed, I'm more open, more sociable and just an overall more fun guy to be around. I mean, if you're going to say that as an excuse as to why it's bad, you might as well say all alcohol is bad and that shouldn't be legal.
5: The medical excuse is pretty null and void since a very large majority of people do not smoke weed for any medicinal purposes. It's recreational.

So? That doesn't make it null and void. There are people who do smoke it for medical reasons.

Well "it's the buyer's fault" is the case with every drug. A cokehead can only be addicted to coke but odds are if he's in an environment where he has access to coke he has access to the a rainbow of other flavors. My friend's mom used to be a major pothead as a kid and she told us that it absolutely is, she got into some bad shit and weed was just her first stepping stone. Some kids (honestly, the dividing line here is class) will get weed maybe second hand or not involved in the group that provides it, but others have no issues jumping into a group of kids with a larger access to more drugs. Studies may say this or that but there are plenty of people who just start smoking weed and then decide to go onto much worse things.

I would say, from the cases I've heard, that it is mentally addictive. Most anything is. Video games are mentally addictive, I'm sure many of us have decided to push the work on that history project back a day to play Skyrim once or twice. People will admit their a video game addict, a chocolate addict, even a movie addict, but "weed addict" seems like some sort of foreign concept. Anything can be mentally addictive. I mean we have Korean kids dying from playing too much Starcraft or children dying from neglect because their parents are too busy playing some computer game, hell I even read a story a while ago about a kid who died from masturbating too much in a day. All these kids were addicted to a substance that wasn't chemical, but weed addiction is considered to be false and every pothead will go "NO IT'S NOT ADDICTIVE" if you say it is.

My personal philosophy on weed is that it seems like a lot of money going "up in smoke" (pun intended). It's how my dad taught me about drugs. His story was that he smoked weed once when he was a kid. He thought it was average and honestly not anything great. He also realized he spent all this money on some drugs that he could have spent on something he liked (such as music records). So he figured, why waste all this money on something that I'll literally burn through in a short time when I can spend that money on a record that I'll listen to time after time? For me it's the same way with video games. I can spend $60 on a video game that stays with me forever, something that'll keep me entertaining for possibly years. I mean I have Skyrim in my Xbox right now (I got it as a gift but for about $60 I would assume) and I already probably over 100 hours into the game. How many hours are you high for $60 of weed? Plus all the "weed stories" I heard involve them just doing something else while high anyway.

Actually for the case of how long it will last, 60 bucks worth of weed is nothing, but we get a deal where we can buy an ounce or two, and it will actually last us for the whole month.
We've actually calculated this (we calculate shit a lot to get the real facts), but between me and my friend, an ounce can last us a whole month. That costs about 140. Now that money, say we didn't buy weed, it would have gotten used on something stupid and frivolous, like junk food, alcohol, or something stupid. The money would actually be wasted. Sure we could save up our money for something better and shit, but by the time we saved up our weed money, we'd already have the money anyways. It could go into savings sure, but you can say that about video games, movies, fast food restaurants and everything.

Really ? show me where you got that fact from .

Having trouble finding the exact link right now.. hmm. Anyways, just google something like "weed reduces cancer" or something like that. There are a bunch of articles that speak about how weed can reduce cancer, reduce tumor sizes and everything.

There's a reason why it's called dope.

And what reason is that?

Yes instead of spending the money on something frivolous like junk food or alcohol, you spend it on weed. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes instead of spending the money on something frivolous like junk food or alcohol, you spend it on weed. Makes perfect sense.

How doesn't it? Let me guess, you're one of those people who had a bad case with weed or know someone who has and are totally dead set against it?

Junk food and alcohol lasts maybe a day, at the most. And the weed we buy, lasts us a month, and we don't get the stereotypical stupid high. So yeah, it makes perfect sense. Jackass.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, weed is kinda "frivolous and stupid" honestly. I mean video games are too but so is almost any luxury.

But still, once you smoke that weed, your money is gone and that weed is gone. I can get a video game and play it until the day it breaks (if it ever does). It's always there. Plus video games (for my friends and I at least) go far beyond the screen. They usually become a topic of discussion, a centerpoint for creativity (it's not like we write fanfics or something lame but if we have to do an art or Photoshop project we may use video games as inspiration). Smoking weed just seems like a shallow money hole (in my eyes at least) over something that extends a lot farther than just a joint. A video game, a movie, a music album (I was gonna say "a CD" but that's apparently dated now), a book. All things that probably last longer, are constantly there, and extend far beyond their actual properties.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

How doesn't it? Let me guess, you're one of those people who had a bad case with weed or know someone who has and are totally dead set against it?

Junk food and alcohol lasts maybe a day, at the most. And the weed we buy, lasts us a month, and we don't get the stereotypical stupid high. So yeah, it makes perfect sense. Jackass.

How smart of you, being economical in the ways you entertain yourself. Everyone should learn from your example. Dickhead.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering both dependence and physical harm, there is no reason why weed should be illegal while alcohol and tobacco should be legal. I do not see how one can be against weed while not being against the other two.

Assuming for a second that it is a gateway drug (which is debatable), you forget that the illegality of weed likely contributes to this. If, for example, someone sees that weed is okay yet illegal, then one might wrongfully assume that something that is actually harmful is okay yet illegal in the same way.

Weed is less addictive than many legal recreational drugs, including alcohol. You're either advocating that we ban them all or that we legalize weed, and banning them all is an entirely different argument.

3: It's a pointless waste of money. That's just my personal opinion though. While i'm on "my opinion" I also can't stand the smell. It makes me want to vomit.
People tell me video games are a waste of money, but I play them anyway.

4: 95% of the people i've met who smoke weed are fucking annoying. I don't know if it's the weed or just the kind of person but I absolute can not STAND these people. It's probably because people make weed a lifestyle instead of an occasional passtime.
95% of drunks I've met are fucking annoying.

I'd like you to walk up to someone with cancer and suffering from crippling nausea and lack of appetite and tell him or her that the argument for medicinal marijuana is null and void.

Reactions: 2 people

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I was under the impression that weed (smoking it at least) was far more harmful than smoking cigarettes, something like one joint is the equivalent of 10 cigarettes, although I'm pretty sure that's quite misleading and is just referring to tar levels. As well as this it has more carcinogens than tobacco smoke and can increase the risk of heart attacks, and then there's also the psychological effects it can have on people (paranoia, panic, anxiety etc.) Reading up on this it seems I had a bit of the wrong idea, smoking weed only seems to be worse on a per smoke basis.

I don't think there's a health related problem other than possible increased blood pressure, I think the problem is that people become dependant on it and just aren't themselves when using it, and as much as you deny it there's a heavy opportunity cost in spending money on it. I'm really not too bothered on whether it gets legalised or not, as long as it's used in moderation I don't see a problem with it, I have no desire to ever use it myself however. If anything they should swap stances on cigarettes/weed, at least weed has some sort of medical use.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, weed is kinda "frivolous and stupid" honestly. I mean video games are too but so is almost any luxury.

But still, once you smoke that weed, your money is gone and that weed is gone. I can get a video game and play it until the day it breaks (if it ever does). It's always there. Plus video games (for my friends and I at least) go far beyond the screen. They usually become a topic of discussion, a centerpoint for creativity (it's not like we write fanfics or something lame but if we have to do an art or Photoshop project we may use video games as inspiration). Smoking weed just seems like a shallow money hole (in my eyes at least) over something that extends a lot farther than just a joint. A video game, a movie, a music album (I was gonna say "a CD" but that's apparently dated now), a book. All things that probably last longer, are constantly there, and extend far beyond their actual properties.

I will give you that, but like I said, we could save the money for something else, but by the time we have the money saved, we would already have it, and the money would just be sitting there. And your centerpoint for creativity actually brings me to another thing;

Whenever I smoke weed, I like to draw. And it turns out that I actually have an ability for it. Before I used to suck at art, hell I flunked it in highschool. But when me and my friends smoke weed, we usually end up drawing, and then putting the pictures on the walls in our place. I'll take a picture today and show you what I mean. But if it wasn't for weed, I wouldn't have figured out that I could draw. It sounds stupid I know, but it's true. When I get high, I like to just sit there, and draw, and the drawings we come up with are great. But like I said, weed lasts us for a long time, and the money is being spent on something that lasts us a while instead of, like I said, junk food or alcohol, or something else that we wouldn't need.

I guess we don't really need weed, but it's actually made me a better person. And like you said, the same could be said for video games, books, movies, music and everything. We don't need any of that stuff, it's just something that we want.

How smart of you, being economical in the ways you entertain yourself. Everyone should learn from your example. Dickhead.

Ya, everyone should, then there wouldn't be anymore stupid stoners in the world, only functional stoners who can actually still go about their day and do everything just fine like a regular person.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolweed
Weed is for pussies. Meth is where its at.

But seriously. Im not a smoker of weed or anything else. I dont have a huge problem with it, i think it should be legalized. The potheads would have nothing left to complain about.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Marijuana is often thought of as a drug for hippies and losers. Since it's hard to feel enthusiastic about the prospects of enabling people to become hippies and losers.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
-Weed is used as a treatment for people with Schizophrenia.
I just want to point out that this point is invalid. There are plenty of medicines that are illegal to take without a prescription. Just because it can help you in certain cases, that doesn't mean it's good for everyone.

The one about it "not being as bad for you as tobacco" is flawed IMO because it's stupid to do things that are bad for you.

Weed isn't bad for you though lol. And how is it invalid? It doesn't get rid of schizophrenia entirely, it just calms the person. And again, weed can help in certain cases, but you still didn't say why it's not good for everyone. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying, why is it bad?
Anything that impairs your judgment is bad for you. I know doctors generally agree that it doesn't cause long term damage, but that doesn't change the short term effects.

My comment about the schizophrenia point being invalid had nothing to do with whether weed is good or bad, I was just saying that your point is not an argument for everyone using weed.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like weed simply because the people I know who smoke it are annoying as hell. When they aren't saying something stupid while smoking it, they're doing something stupid. I live in an area with potheads all over the place and every time one of them knocks on my door to ask for money to buy weed, it takes every ounce of me not to slam their fingers in the door or punch them in the face. Another bad experience I had was at one of my old jobs. Two other employees and I were in one of the company cars and they decided to smoke weed and since I didn't smoke it, they tried to give me a "contact high" by rolling up the windows and smoking it. The boss didn't seem to mind when I told him so I just quit. And I do personally think it's a waste of money and time if you're going to act like a jackass when you get some. There are enough stupid people and jackasses in the world without making it legal to possibly add more. I'm not saying all people who smoke weed are like that, but the ones I've encountered(many of them) are.

This is my opinion, though. To each their own.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Weed is used as a treatment for people with Schizophrenia.
I just want to point out that this point is invalid. There are plenty of medicines that are illegal to take without a prescription. Just because it can help you in certain cases, that doesn't mean it's good for everyone.

The one about it "not being as bad for you as tobacco" is flawed IMO because it's stupid to do things that are bad for you.

Weed isn't bad for you though lol. And how is it invalid? It doesn't get rid of schizophrenia entirely, it just calms the person. And again, weed can help in certain cases, but you still didn't say why it's not good for everyone. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying, why is it bad?
Anything that impairs your judgment is bad for you. I know doctors generally agree that it doesn't cause long term damage, but that doesn't change the short term effects.
Which is what? Being hungry and being more relaxed and finding today's comedians actually funny? Like I said, there aren't really any short term side effects. Maybe for people new to it, yeah, but that's like for anybody who drinks their first beer.

My comment about the schizophrenia point being invalid had nothing to do with whether weed is good or bad, I was just saying that your point is not an argument for everyone using weed.

Eh, I worded it wrong. I was trying to say that it has numerous health benefits, and that it's used as a treatment for stuff. I just used Schizophrenia as an example.

I don't like weed simply because the people I know who smoke it are annoying as hell. When they aren't saying something stupid while smoking it, they're doing something stupid. I live in an area with potheads all over the place and every time one of them knocks on my door to ask for money to buy weed, it takes every ounce of me not to slam their fingers in the door or punch them in the face. Another bad experience I had was at one of my old jobs. Two other employees and I were in one of the company cars and they decided to smoke weed and since I didn't smoke it, they tried to give me a "contact high" by rolling up the windows and smoking it. The boss didn't seem to mind when I told him so I just quit. And I do personally think it's a waste of money and time if you're going to act like a jackass when you get some. There are enough stupid people and jackasses in the world without making it legal to possibly add more. I'm not saying all people who smoke weed are like that, but the ones I've encountered(many of them) are.

This is my opinion, though. To each their own.

Yeah, those types of people are bad. I'm always against bumming weed or money off of people if I can't afford my own. If I run out, then tough shit for me, I just tough it out. Like I just went a whole month without a whole lot of smokes because I couldn't afford to buy more. But I didn't ask people if I could have theirs or anything. And yeah, they were trying to hotbox, the only thing though, hotboxing doesn't usually work in a car lol.

Reactions: 1 person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it's how people use it.

You got abusers and normal users.

The abusers always ruin it for the the others.

It's the same for alcohol and tobacco and other stuff.
Same can be said for even mowing the lawn for an example (pretty far fetched but it's slightly similar)

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be far easier to answer what's right with it, as the list would be far shorter. I am not against weed itself, I am against anything outside of the body that controls the way a person feels. Anytime man has used something outside of his body to change the way he feels inside, it has led to trouble, both for him and the fellow man who will end up carrying his weight once he drops out.

it leads down one of only three roads..

Jails,
Institutionas
Death.

Those who are awaiting one of the above are stricken with intense apathy which ruins all in life.

I have burried more than a dozen people from drug addiction in my life, and without fail, each of them started on weed, from thier own admission... and was heard to say, "...yeah but that only happens to 'other' people, not ME.' (in referrence to it being called a gateway drug...) Too bad they can't be hear to tell it themselves.

Just sit in 1, just 1 Narcotics Anonamous open meeting, listen to thier story, see how many tell the same story, and tell me there is nothing wrong with it.

None of the above are the result of my personal opinions, but from people I have spoken with and burried. I could care less how and if someone wants to ruin it.

I sound like my dad..RIP, but he was right, only noticed that looking back and too late.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO we should legalize all drugs and make them super expensive thus tax everything and bam get the moneys!

if you do that, it will again be sold on the streets

As opposed to how it's sold now?

Who the fuck sells weed these days on the streets? lol. It doesn't get sold on the streets like meth or crack does lol. Well, here everybody just sells it out of their house, and has no funny creepy business going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1