Hacking What´s wrong with my R4?

Bi99uy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo. Being with the DS Scene from the beginning, i dropped out around the time the slot 1 cards started emerging, to focus my time on the PSP and my other consoles. Just recently i gotten around to using my DS again, and bought a R4DS, as being a OSX user and using the Supercard Lite software to convert is a tad bit cumbersome.

The card worked perfectly fine for some time, but some times the card wouldn´t get recognized in the DS. It didn´t bother that much, as i rarley used it. However with the release of Phaton Hourglass and other AAA titles, i started updating the card, applying themes etc. Around this time the card would make random freezes when using it. It finally fried my Memorycard after one freeze and while the R4 still works sometimes when using another memorycard, it still freezes. The question is, what´s causing this? Obviously is a bad connection somewhere, but where? The cardslot or is it the connectors on the R4? Can it be fixed by removing the springs on the R4?

Oh, and other DS games works perfectly fine, no mather how hard i shake the DS, it´s just the R4.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm could be a few things...even a faulty R4.
ohmy.gif

What games freeze ? Zelda ? Try formating/defragging your MicroSD or even trying another one. (Could be SD problem)

What version firmware you using ? 1.11 ? (Update if necessary)

Better work your way up to sticking a bit of cardboard on the back!
wacko.gif

Bi99uy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm could be a few things...even a faulty R4.Â
ohmy.gif

What games freeze ? Zelda ? Try formating/defragging your MicroSD or even trying another one. (Could be SD problem)

What version firmware you using ? 1.11 ? (Update if necessary)

Better work your way up to sticking a bit of cardboard on the back!Â
wacko.gif

All games and Applications freeze randomly or when the DS is moved. That´s why im suspecting that bad connections. Tried with 5 different SD cards, using the latest firmware.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If it fried your microSD then its a faulty hardware ( either gave to much voltage or shortened the memcard) but if that was the case I would have expected to see the other one fry aswell .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...