Hacking Whats the problem? Spent about 7 hours without luck...

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros Brawl (copy loaded onto HDD from original disk):
when i had CIOS249 rev 14:
"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc and turn the power off. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information."

I heard i wont get this problem on cIOS38 rev12 so i installed it but now i just get a black screen.

I think its because i dont know how to properly install a cIOS im assuming they get overwritten.
I upgraded to system menu 4.1 using wankiko's updater.

Help would be much appreciated.

edit: i also used hermes-ios222-223 but had no luck. i changed the settings in usbloader gx to run the game from ios222 but i says i dont have it installed, when im sure i do.

and yes i have tried many different usb loaders. and i have patched the trucha bug.

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Its easy.

1. Take your original disc you claim to have
2. Insert it into Wii disc slot
3. Turn on wii and select disc channel
4. enjoy

Was that meant to be funny? The disc is my mate's.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sidishere said:
SifJar said:
Its easy.

4. enjoy

Nope, not meant to be funny. I'm serious. The easiest way to play a Wii game is to put in the disc. No hassle, no need for cIOS or USB Loaders or anything like that. Just buy the game, insert it, play it. Oh, and BTW, having a backup of a game you lent to a friend is also illegal. (Under DMCA, the backup is "tied" to the original - if you destroy the original, you have to destroy the backup, if you give away the original you have to give away/destroy the backup, if you lend the game, you have to lend/destroy the backup).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just install the cIOS over, no need to uninstall and then install, but you can use AnyTitleDeleter if you need to, cIOS_r14 doesn't have support for dual layer images so you better stick with either cIOS_r9/r10, herme's cIOS need sometimes to re-run the installer again to make it work...!!
smile.gif

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to quote 0ld8oy from the USBLoader GX thread because, well, it's his advice and it works really well. No need for me to reinvent the wheel.

For the BEST compatability, use the following:

0ld8oy said:
A few quick notes...

-If your global cIOS is 249 and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your gamesettings.cfg file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any settings conflicts since anything in gamesettings.cfg overrides the global.cfg file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the "please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is necessary.

So essentially... Install cIOS249 r14. Install cIOS222/223. Set your loader to use cIOS222. Turn anti002 on. For games that wont work under those conditions, try cIOS249.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
sidishere said:
SifJar said:
Its easy.

4. enjoy

Nope, not meant to be funny. I'm serious. The easiest way to play a Wii game is to put in the disc. No hassle, no need for cIOS or USB Loaders or anything like that. Just buy the game, insert it, play it. Oh, and BTW, having a backup of a game you lent to a friend is also illegal. (Under DMCA, the backup is "tied" to the original - if you destroy the original, you have to destroy the backup, if you give away the original you have to give away/destroy the backup, if you lend the game, you have to lend/destroy the backup).
DMCA is only for the US. You are not allowed to make genuine backups in the UK i'm sure.
That aside the USB loaders are great, why place wear and tear on the laser when you can conveniently just select from a list and you dont even have to get off your seat to change games brilliant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it