Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Its an R4 with worse build quality.

No, there are no other differences.

(no *functional* differences with current firmware, but there are significant differences in how the thing's built)

How far off is that promised review, Urza? Not that I particularly want to get one (quite the opposite at the moment, in fact)... but there are a few things I'm curious about, like how power-hungry they really are.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arsehat said:
Urza said:
Its an R4 with worse build quality.

No, there are no other differences.

(no *functional* differences with current firmware, but there are significant differences in how the thing's built)
Thats why I said there were no differences aside from build quality eh?

How far off is that promised review, Urza? Not that I particularly want to get one (quite the opposite at the moment, in fact)... but there are a few things I'm curious about, like how power-hungry they really are.
Shouldn't be too long. Sinkhead will be the one reviewing the N5. Waiting on shipment currently.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Thats why I said there were no differences aside from build quality eh?

Well, there's the matter of the chipset and board layout being different which is what I meant by how it's built - it may work the same, but it's a very different piece of hardware and that's something that's completely independent of how *well* it's built.

QUOTE said:
QUOTEHow far off is that promised review, Urza? Not that I particularly want to get one (quite the opposite at the moment, in fact)... but there are a few things I'm curious about, like how power-hungry they really are.
Shouldn't be too long. Sinkhead will be the one reviewing the N5. Waiting on shipment currently.

Great, looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing what the hell else is happening with clones or clones of clones or cloners OEMing their clones to other clone marketers - what's this E7 that's just shown up? Maybe the R4 is the new N-Card, and provided the price drops appropriately and support doesn't dry up that could be a good thing overall. I can think of a few reasons why Team R4 might want to get into the clone business themselves, mostly to do with difficulty selling R4s through some places now and also as a way to continue making money from their older tech - and a few ways in which it could either work out well for them or blow up in their faces. I can also think of a few good reasons why Team R4 would want to nip this in the bud if they had nothing to do with these cards. Just too damn early to tell what's what, though.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
According to bitonio6 ( from the french link mentionned before ) the build is pretty good and far better ( regarding solder ) than the DSTT. The chip works fast and is supposed to dry less battery than a ProAsic, the kernel is R4 100%...

Flaming Homer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick dumb question, I've ordered DSTT from Volumerate since Jan 12, and still hasn't shipped. I noticed that they have N5 in-stock (at a higher cost), so my question is:

1. Should I go for a N5 instead of endlessly waiting for the DSTT ?
2. When you all say it's the same as a R4, does that mean it will take R4 firmware too ?

Thanks in advance

danieldaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flaming Homer said:
Quick dumb question, I've ordered DSTT from Volumerate since Jan 12, and still hasn't shipped. I noticed that they have N5 in-stock (at a higher cost), so my question is:

1. Should I go for a N5 instead of endlessly waiting for the DSTT ?
2. When you all say it's the same as a R4, does that mean it will take R4 firmware too ?

Thanks in advance

Why not to get the refund and buy it from other website? Although DX is very cheap, but without the product, cheaper is also meaningless.

I had bought my DSTT from an online shopping store. Although the price is higher than DX(in fact much higher), they can ship the product to me very fast. And they claim that it is 100% quality check that the product is not dead on arrival. Thus, I think it is worth.
rolleyes.gif

If you want to know where the store website is, please ask me.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P