What's the N5?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Feels Good Man, Mar 17, 2008.

Mar 17, 2008

What's the N5? by Feels Good Man at 1:21 AM (2,553 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    How is it? any good? Compatibility issues and such?

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Its an R4 with worse build quality.

No, there are no other differences.

3. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
  4. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    good only because is cheaper.
    but still no sdhc support
    ciao

5. arsehat

Member arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    (no *functional* differences with current firmware, but there are significant differences in how the thing's built)

How far off is that promised review, Urza? Not that I particularly want to get one (quite the opposite at the moment, in fact)... but there are a few things I'm curious about, like how power-hungry they really are.

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Shouldn't be too long. Sinkhead will be the one reviewing the N5. Waiting on shipment currently.

7. arsehat

Member arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Great, looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing what the hell else is happening with clones or clones of clones or cloners OEMing their clones to other clone marketers - what's this E7 that's just shown up? Maybe the R4 is the new N-Card, and provided the price drops appropriately and support doesn't dry up that could be a good thing overall. I can think of a few reasons why Team R4 might want to get into the clone business themselves, mostly to do with difficulty selling R4s through some places now and also as a way to continue making money from their older tech - and a few ways in which it could either work out well for them or blow up in their faces. I can also think of a few good reasons why Team R4 would want to nip this in the bud if they had nothing to do with these cards. Just too damn early to tell what's what, though.

8. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    According to bitonio6 ( from the french link mentionned before ) the build is pretty good and far better ( regarding solder ) than the DSTT. The chip works fast and is supposed to dry less battery than a ProAsic, the kernel is R4 100%...

9. Flaming Homer

Newcomer Flaming Homer Member

Canada
    Quick dumb question, I've ordered DSTT from Volumerate since Jan 12, and still hasn't shipped. I noticed that they have N5 in-stock (at a higher cost), so my question is:

1. Should I go for a N5 instead of endlessly waiting for the DSTT ?
    2. When you all say it's the same as a R4, does that mean it will take R4 firmware too ?

Thanks in advance

10. danieldaniel

Newcomer danieldaniel Member

United States
    Why not to get the refund and buy it from other website? Although DX is very cheap, but without the product, cheaper is also meaningless.

I had bought my DSTT from an online shopping store. Although the price is higher than DX(in fact much higher), they can ship the product to me very fast. And they claim that it is 100% quality check that the product is not dead on arrival. Thus, I think it is worth. [​IMG]

If you want to know where the store website is, please ask me. [​IMG]

11. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Its main website/official is the same as the R4 website. Sad..