Hacking what's the most convenient way to enjoy ofw + emunand ?

adrenochrome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you install atmosphere to get switch autobooting from auto-RCM and emuMMC, without playing with dongle and injectors, then what are the possibilities to boot ofw from atmosphere ?

are there maybe alternative methods ?

tanks in advance for your replies

Last edited by adrenochrome,

FajitaJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The way I understand it:
The problem is, you'd have to disable AutoRCM to be able to boot into OFW.

You need RCM (thus the JIG) for OFW greater than 3.0.1, since everything below that can do it as "coldboot".

But as someone mentioned in another thread: booting into a untouched CFW and going online with it, shouldn't get you banned - which means if you have a clean NAND, which you could copy and have two NANDs (one as SysNAND, the other as emuNAND), you could update both of them without burning fuses, STILL use AutoRCM, and then choose which NAND to use (SysNAND with no homebrew used/enabled or emuNAND where your hacks are)

But don't do this until someone has checked and gives their go as well, since I'm not 100% sure this is correct

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can load sx boot.dat from atmosphere then you can boot to ofw from the loader

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you can load sx boot.dat from atmosphere then you can boot to ofw from the loader
Or reboot to hekate and then load ofw from it.

essm1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The way I understand it:
The problem is, you'd have to disable AutoRCM to be able to boot into OFW.

You need RCM (thus the JIG) for OFW greater than 3.0.1, since everything below that can do it as "coldboot".

But as someone mentioned in another thread: booting into a untouched CFW and going online with it, shouldn't get you banned - which means if you have a clean NAND, which you could copy and have two NANDs (one as SysNAND, the other as emuNAND), you could update both of them without burning fuses, STILL use AutoRCM, and then choose which NAND to use (SysNAND with no homebrew used/enabled or emuNAND where your hacks are)

But don't do this until someone has checked and gives their go as well, since I'm not 100% sure this is correct
Not update sysnand

But you can create multiple emunand so you can creat emunand 1 for cfw and emunand 2 for ofw with updating to latest FW and keep sysnand FW low as possible

That what I understand

Anyone confirm it

Reactions: mattyxarope

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you can put clean nand with latest ofw on emunand and it's clean for online? I thought you would need to have a clean sysnand for online, and emunand for CFW only (because emunand is dirty by its very nature).

s0litary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not update sysnand

But you can create multiple emunand so you can creat emunand 1 for cfw and emunand 2 for ofw with updating to latest FW and keep sysnand FW low as possible

That what I understand

Anyone confirm it

Hay anyone done this by now and it is "safe"? (Put "save" in quotation marks, as nothing is 100% safe.)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you install atmosphere to get switch autobooting from auto-RCM and emuMMC, without playing with dongle and injectors, then what are the possibilities to boot ofw from atmosphere ?

are there maybe alternative methods ?

tanks in advance for your replies
Here's the deal. AutoRCM may be safe, may not be. Nobody knows. I don't think anybody has been banned just for autorcm, but who knows. Personally, I don't use autorcm in case of ban.

My setup is: no autorcm. jig when loading cfw. once cfw is loaded, I can sleep/reboot payload/etc. Never have to go back into ofw unless I want to play a game online in ofw. When going into ofw I remove my CFW SD card.

Nobody knows for sure. There are plenty of people who use CFW on sysnand without getting banned. They also do not install NSPs or play games they do not own. They use homebrew for just that: homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, Not interested. The fanbase totally ruined it.