what's the most convenient way to enjoy ofw + emunand ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by adrenochrome, Jun 16, 2019.

1. adrenochrome
    OP

adrenochrome Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    France
    if you install atmosphere to get switch autobooting from auto-RCM and emuMMC, without playing with dongle and injectors, then what are the possibilities to boot ofw from atmosphere ?

are there maybe alternative methods ?

tanks in advance for your replies

Last edited by adrenochrome, Jun 16, 2019
  2. FajitaJohn

FajitaJohn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2018
    Austria
    The way I understand it:
    The problem is, you'd have to disable AutoRCM to be able to boot into OFW.

You need RCM (thus the JIG) for OFW greater than 3.0.1, since everything below that can do it as "coldboot".

But as someone mentioned in another thread: booting into a untouched CFW and going online with it, shouldn't get you banned - which means if you have a clean NAND, which you could copy and have two NANDs (one as SysNAND, the other as emuNAND), you could update both of them without burning fuses, STILL use AutoRCM, and then choose which NAND to use (SysNAND with no homebrew used/enabled or emuNAND where your hacks are)

But don't do this until someone has checked and gives their go as well, since I'm not 100% sure this is correct

3. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    If you can load sx boot.dat from atmosphere then you can boot to ofw from the loader

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or reboot to hekate and then load ofw from it.

4. essm1988

essm1988 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    Italy
    Not update sysnand

But you can create multiple emunand so you can creat emunand 1 for cfw and emunand 2 for ofw with updating to latest FW and keep sysnand FW low as possible

That what I understand

Anyone confirm it

mattyxarope likes this.
  5. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    So you can put clean nand with latest ofw on emunand and it's clean for online? I thought you would need to have a clean sysnand for online, and emunand for CFW only (because emunand is dirty by its very nature).