What's the minimum battery life you'll be happy with?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2 hours if you push it hard on demanding games. (AAA games do not exist, fuck that nomenclature, fuck the industry, fuck the pretentious corporations, I talk about demanding games here I don't give a fuck if they were produced by some indie studio or EA/Activision)
3-4 hours if you tune down gfx settings/limit FPS on demanding games.
6 hours for light gaming/not so demanding games (e.g. trails in the sky, momodora 4).

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems we're looking at 1.5 hours of heavy use, which is a bit disappointing, but there is room for improvement by adjusting settings.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm the kind of person who likes just chilling in bed or the couch with a handheld device. Not really planning on taking it outside unless I'm on a plane ride. So 2hrs with 60fps would be fine for me.

Reactions: Xzi

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im planing to use it like I usually use my switch on my cough while watching TV with the Wife or in bed.. (aka Next to outlet) so battery life is not a big deal for me

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems we're looking at 1.5 hours of heavy use, which is a bit disappointing, but there is room for improvement by adjusting settings.
... I don't really see it that way. In one ook f thefaux's videos he compares the Witcher 3 on switch vs steam deck. The latter has more detail and manages to use less watt (so I presume battery drainage) than the switch.
Obviously it'll depend per game, but my earlier hope (i want a better battery than a switch) seems confirmed. So I'm fine with it.

I'll run some heavier games, but certainly a great chunk of indie stuff. So I'll be fine for my two one - hour commutes.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: