Whats the easiest way to get a private header?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Barawer, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    Hey, my friend stupidly removed his a9lh and decided hes gonna stick to his sky3ds. He wants to get a private header from his game, but i dont know how to help him. I have my o3ds with a9lh, and the only thing i could find is either with gateway or with powersaves.
    So, what will be the easiest way to extract the header?
    Thanks!

2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    I hear decrypt9 can now dump headers from games. Would that help?

3. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    Really? without extracting the rom? i will check that out!

4. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    you just need a 3ds on 4.2-9.2 to use the gateway method, and I believe that is the only free way. You don't need a gateway card

5. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Yeah in the game dumper options you can dump a private header.

[​IMG]

6. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    Cool. I think i have an older version of it, but seems thats the easiest way. Thanks!
    BTW, @SimplyFedorable, do you know if i can run gateway menu with a9lh? i think i heard something about using it with one of the chainloaders but im not so sure how.

8BitWonder likes this.
  7. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    Just drop the arm9loadhax.bin file into the root of your sd card. Personally, I would advise anyone using luma3ds's chainloading feature to just switch to a simple boot manager like arm9select. It is MUCH easier to set up, is a lot less finicky, and works with any cfw. You can get arm9select HERE. To use it, put the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of your sd card, and create a folder on the root of your sd card called "arm9select" (without the quotation marks). Rename your main cfw payload to default.bin from arm9loaderhax.bin and put it in your arm9select folder, so it boot that payload when you hold no buttons. To configure the rest of your payloads, rename them to the button you want to press on boot to triger them to load, like if I wanted decrpyt9 to boot when I press a, I rename my decrypt9 payload to a.bin. Do this for all your payloads, and enjoy.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You dump it yourself. Fastest, easiest, less risky way.