What's the best Slot-1 card out right now?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tguellich, Jan 24, 2008.

Jan 24, 2008
  1. tguellich
    OP

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    I want to know your opinions: What is the best and easiest Slot-1 card available right now?

2. crab-scratch

Newcomer crab-scratch Advanced Member

Italy
    i have cyclo and i love it. there is nothing i wanna do that cyclo can't. my freind has m3 and feels the same way about his card. so buy one of those.

3. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    First of all, you posted this in the GBA section.
    It should be moved to the NDS section.

Anyway, IMO best two cards out there would be the AceKard R.P.G. and the CycloDS Evolution. and I would say the SuperCard DS One is not far behind.

4. tguellich
    OP

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    I want to know your opinions: What is the best and easiest Slot-1 card available right now?

5. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I'm currently using a Neoflash R6 Gold, it's a microSD based card with onboard flash and has SDHC support. As well as motion sensing (X,Y,Z) and gyro (twisting). I can't claim to know anything about rom support, but it has handled all homebrew I have thrown at it.

6. jscheibe

Newcomer jscheibe Member

Canada
    I'm using a DSTT and have not had any major probles with it, the contacts on mine are a little touchy but a wadded up piece of paper between the DS and cart fixes the problem. Have ran all Homebrew and what few roms i've tested well so far(Had R4 before). Using a Japan 2gb Kingston microsd without problems also.

EDIT: Just returned my DSTT(Jan 29th) as for some reason when using it 2x2gb kingston cards became unreadable. Now i'm not sure if it was the fault of the cart of just pure luck that i got 2 cards that died but i exchanged it for an R4(had one before and had no issues with it).

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Cyclo DS FTW. Love it, like, [​IMG] it.

8. Tweaked

Member Tweaked GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    not much experiance with homebrew other then the standard things, moonshell, ds organize, nes, snes, sega genesis/master drive emulators and the few homebrew ive played involving lemmings (yes for slot 1) and powder and the n-card has not given me any issues yet

R4 looks nice though because of the detachable memory but i guess you could always just get another n-card if need arises.

9. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

DSTT, I'd say... it costs next to nothing and it plays everything it should. If I needed a new cartridge I'd go for that one.

10. Hit

Member Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'd say Supercard DS One
    Yes it is not popular, but it does more then the popular cards
    It even has Realtime same(So you can jsut save anywhere in the game and loadup again just where you where)
    It can make multiple save files!(handy for pokemon and such)
    The latest version even support SDHC
    And it has an advanced GUI, unlike R4 DSTT CycloDS and such popular devices
    And it doesn't cost much

I have an R4 but i wish i had an Supercard DS One

11. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I don't have any of the cards yet, but I think Cyclo is the best so far. Simple but clean GUI, most of bugs get fixed very fast, advanced features, etc. I do like the Supercard DS one (SDHC), because of it's GUI, but it has too many problems right now. It'll probably be fixed, but currently, CycloDS wins.

12. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I have a Cyclo and haven't had any real problems with it.

13. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I say an R4.
    I have an R4 and my brother has a Cyclo.
    For me, Cyclo stinks. And they copied this other
    slot-1 company. I 4got which one but
    they can be sued.

14. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The slot-2 CycloDS products are hardware clones of the slot-2 Supercards. The CycloDS Evolution however is its own unique product.

15. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    As someone who owns pretty much all the newer generation flashcarts (except for the Acekard RPG, Ez-Flash V and the new Edge) I'd have to go with the CycloDS Evolution. It's the best thing I've ever had for my DS so far.

16. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Explain why Cyclo stinks. IMO, it's just plain frikkin' awesome. And Cyclops is its own company, they were making stuff for the Wii before they did the Evolution, so I can't see how that can copy another company.

17. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I own an R4 with spring and both of my 2 little brothers own an R4 without spring. My friends both own and R4 with spring. And everybody is happy with it. However I don't know if DealExtreme sells these again by now, if not Bamboogaming and Gameyeaaah are places worth checking out.

18. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I would say the the internal memory carts are the best.
    The Ncard is about 30USD on dealextreme with 1 gigabyte internal memory. An R4 with the same memory costs 45USD.

The TTDS is the most promiseing. It has the most features and is cheapest. It also supports microSDHC cards.

The R4 is going no where. The team promised us SDHC support along with a bunch of others. All we got was a game bug fix. The past 4 or so upgrades have been because of nonworking games, while all of the other carts have added nice features in their recent updates.

Now that I think about it, the Supercard ONE might be the best. It has real time game guides and real time saves, which NONE of the others support.