Hacking Whats the best flashcart for DS games on the 3DS?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its my best friend's birthday in two weeks, he has already installed homebrew on his 3DS and is enjoying all the goodness of everything that comes with it. He completely skipped last generation in regards to DS games and he often talks about how he would like to play those games. Since he doesnt have a flashcart it would seem like a great present to get for him, what flashcart can I buy him that has consistent support and is pretty reliable on just about all firmware. Remember, this is just for DS games only.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
DSTwo is the best and will never be unsupported. However it's a lot more expensive and its main benefit, playing SNES and GBA games at full speed, can be done easily in CFW ways.
The main problem I see is that your friend's birthday is in two weeks. You've obviously never experienced buying a Chinese product before :-p if the birthday was two months away I'd still say it was a bit iffy. I believe peachDS.com ships from within USA and has PayPal so you can try it, but I would have a backup present ready if I were you.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which would be the best choice for just to play DS games, my two biggest concerns is playing DS games and firmware compatibility. Everything else is extra since he has CFW.

Would any of the R4 variants be good for that?

I own a Supercard DStwo, but I'm still seeing them for as high as $40. I swear it was that price too when I originally bought it 4 years ago. He mainly just wants DS games so I'm willing to go a bit further down.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just DS Games (non CFW) R4i 3DS Gold, for CFW (cause of using patched TWL_FIRM) + Cheap, AceKard2i
Well he does have CFW and I have personal experience using the AceKard2i, I guess that sounds like the best choice if it works fine on 3DS. Any places you could recommend to buy at a reasonable price?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Among these sites do you think would be the best to order from?

http://www.3dsflashkart.com/acekard-2iak2i-rpg-for-nintendo-3ds-dsi-xl-dsi-ds-p-186.html
https://www.usa-hot-stuff.com/11-cheap-acekard-2i-for-3dsdsi-xldsidsl.html
http://shoptemp.net/products/Acekard-2i.html (are these listings for new or used?)
http://www.dsflashcart.com/acekard-2i-flashcart-for-nintendo-ds-dsi-3ds-p-251.html

I feel like the one you picked out is the best fit but I just want to be sure before going through checkout. Thank you for your help so far.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd say dsflashcart as i havent had issues w/ em before but the orginal site where i got my AK2i ages ago have long since stoped selling carts. (realhotstuff) but stay the Hell away from the R4 "Dualcore" Cards they stop supporting the cards pretty f*ing quick and only support the latest "Year" revision card.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd say dsflashcart as i havent had issues w/ em before but the orginal site where i got my AK2i ages ago have long since stoped selling carts. (realhotstuff) but stay the Hell away from the R4 "Dualcore" Cards they stop supporting the cards pretty f*ing quick and only support the latest "Year" revision card.
This is a bit odd. I'm trying to check out but it only gives two options to pay with, using gift cards from subway, CVS, or Burger King(Is this a joke?) or pay using SOFORT banking which I never heard of in my life.

Can I really not pay with my credit/debit card or paypal like any other business site?

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like things have changed .. try sending a Contact Email finding out whats up. i got my R4i a few months ago and i still had the optin to use Debit cards :/

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll email and see whats up. If they cant take any of the payment methods of my liking then I'm gonna have to take my business up with those other alternatives sadly. I'll update on how this goes.

Darukeru

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The main problem I see is that your friend's birthday is in two weeks. You've obviously never experienced buying a Chinese product before :-p if the birthday was two months away I'd still say it was a bit iffy.
I ordered my R4i on March 30, it shipped from China(and I paid like 2 dollars for shipping) and I still don't have it haha [emoji24][emoji23] It's my first time using China post btw.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc