Gaming What's so great about Super Smash Bros?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The best person for me is Toon Link. But i had a ton of practice.

Too get better at the game is to
1. non-stop practice
smileipb2.png

2. use all people to practice until you find the one more suited
rofl2.gif

3. do brawls instead of story mode, and put the computer to level 3+
(level ones are a disgrace
yay.gif
)

thats what i did
laugh.gif

i could beat anyone who fighted me
smile.gif

up until i traded it in with animal crossing from sims 3
dry.gif

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Super Smash Brothers is a fun game it has lots of depth and variety. Noobs can buttonmash (Doesn't work against a person with half a braincell) and the pro's can play it 'smart'.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can pretty much guess what you're doing without even seeing how you play.

You're most likely on the "B button phase". You think pressing the Side B, Up B, Down B, or just neutral B is really good, but that's not what it's about in Smash.

Once you're out of the phase and learn how to space yourself properly with A-button attacks, you'll start to see how the depth of the game is like. Try playing without items first to learn the basics. The items are good for casual/fun, but if you wanna learn, items are a distraction.

Don't spam smash attack. Look for opportunities to punish with them instead. Use tilts (slightly angle the control stick and press A for a "strong attack") and use jabs. They're most effective for a lot of characters. But you gotta know which tilt is less effective than others.

But yeah, experiment and find your character. I don't play Brawl, only Brawl+ because I'm a Melee Veteran. I actually play more Melee than I do Brawl+ now although I haven't really been playing smash in general.

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
By far one of my all time favorite games (Ness & Wario are my favorites to use).

I would still be playing it on a nightly basis if the wi-fi wasn't so terrible. Brawl is unlike any other fighter out there, and because of that and it's wonderful cast of characters I love every moment of it. Brawl may seem like a button masher, but if you play some 1v1 you will soon learn it's much more detailed then that.

You can see for yourself through the Brawl community at www.allisbrawl.com.

I've sadly given up on playing the game not because I'm bored with it, because I have no one to vs, and the online is a down right joke (not to mention I own an Xbox 360 now).

I have really high hopes for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and if the online is solid I will gladly go back to playing on Wi-Fi, but for now I'm staying as far away as I can.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well, its not really everyday that you see all your nintendo characters on one game, do you?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anakir said:
I can pretty much guess what you're doing without even seeing how you play.

You're most likely on the "B button phase". You think pressing the Side B, Up B, Down B, or just neutral B is really good, but that's not what it's about in Smash.

Once you're out of the phase and learn how to space yourself properly with A-button attacks, you'll start to see how the depth of the game is like. Try playing without items first to learn the basics. The items are good for casual/fun, but if you wanna learn, items are a distraction.

Don't spam smash attack. Look for opportunities to punish with them instead. Use tilts (slightly angle the control stick and press A for a "strong attack") and use jabs. They're most effective for a lot of characters. But you gotta know which tilt is less effective than others.

But yeah, experiment and find your character. I don't play Brawl, only Brawl+ because I'm a Melee Veteran. I actually play more Melee than I do Brawl+ now although I haven't really been playing smash in general.

LOL, you're absolutely right, that's exactly what I am doing. I'm basically doing the same 2-3 moves all the time, and it's working too
tongue.gif

I beat the Metroid campaign that way.
Okay, I'll keep in mind to not use items now.

I don't even know what the Smash attack is, so I can't spam it
tongue.gif

I was planning to play Brawl+ too, but my friends are all playing the regular Brawl, and I was concerned about being used too Brawl+ and then I would be confused with the regular Brawl controls.

dalekdan10 said:
SSBB IS AN AWSOME GAME IT WASNT A WASTE I PLAY ON IT ALL THE TIME
biggrin.gif
ssbb has nintendo wi fi feature, two player, uses of diffrent controlls, and alsorts
its a great game 9.5/10

Not really helping me, I need tips to get me more interested in Brawl, I don't want the reason why you love that game so much.

QUOTE(jan777 @ Jul 25 2009, 03:27 PM)
well, its not really everyday that you see all your nintendo characters on one game, do you?

Same.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Can you guys help me with that?

Sure. It's simple. You're just not into a game that many, many, other are into. No big deal. You're probably really fond of a game that many others would dismiss.

My girl is obsessed with the Smash series. She's so good that she even plays in tournaments and wins. But me, I've never been able to get into it. Tried both on Melee and Brawl.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For what its worth, I find the game pretty dull to be honest. But then again, beat em ups aren't really my 'thing'. I prefer games that don't require so much random button bashing, something with a little thought behind it
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up