Hacking What would it take to port "Null DC" to the Wii???

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dookieman said:
Ok, if you want to get more information, port NullDC over and let us know how well it works. If it could be done, people would already be working on it.

You can think all you want about how awesome it would be to play DC games on the Wii. Fact of the matter is, it is never going to happen. If you want to get something together, lead the way and start the port yourself.

The "do it yourself" mantra that has been recited so much more frequently on here when people question is a cop out.
I didn't say that I think it's possible. I didn't say that I think it's impossible. I don't know for absolute sure so my statements are phrased that way.
All I'm saying is I don't think it's right to declare that it's never going to happen.

Edit:
And I have a Dreamcast and I've played pretty much all that's worth playing on it so I never really thought that it would be so awesome to play Dreamcast games on Wii.

Another Edit:
That's actually the first time I've been told to do it myself
smile.gif
but I have seen it around from time to time.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
But to what end?

Why keep shaking a tree that bears no fruit?

Why ask for fruit when you can have a bag of bells fall out of the tree? Wait... the other alternative would be bees. Crap! I forgot my bag of medicine! XP

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
@black:

Yes. Each VC game is contained within its own specifically engineered emulator.

Which is why when we inject games into aforementioned precompiled wads, we dont get 100% compatibility.

I see. That's actually pretty interesting. I had been wondering about this for a while.
Thanks.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
I was never expecting full speed emulation but right now I'm tired of the nay sayers who would probably never lift a finger to even try. All I'm saying is, a proof of concept is better than nothing, hell I' s settle for just being able to run the Dreamcast system menu (not really), at least, someone tried...
But why? If you don't expect full speed emulation, or even decent emulation? You are just reinforcing our whole argument. Whats the point of "Proof-of-concept"? Porting the emulator will take time and effort, and if the end product is only a menu, then that is just a waste of time. Like I said before, the people who are capable of doing this, realize our argument already.

I have an idea why you are so adamant about this. You think if someone tries and makes Proof-of-Concept, then someone later on will come along and make it better trying this the first person did not. That is not how it works I'm afraid.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im adamant about it because it needs to be done. Nobody thought you would be watching your movies on the Wii, moving them over to your DSi for on the go viewing, using your Wii to order food and using your DSi as a coupon book but it's being done! point is, we have technology that can do it to a certain limit, why waste the chance?

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it needs to be done? Nothing needs to be done? This isn't the next step in Wii development. It just something YOU and a few others want.
Here's what you do:

What you need first, is to find someone who is just as excited about this potential project as you.

They need to know how to code, well.

They need to be able to see hidden power within the Wii.

About 1 year+ of development.

Boom, you can have your Dreamcast System Menu.

Coming here and asking someone to port something specifically for you is lame. You are not inspiring anyone here. If you really want it done, learn and try it yourself, because you won't find someone to do it for free.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never asking someone to do it for me (although that would be nice) i was asking that would be the logical step to start the process... thats all. I was kinda hoping for some tech talk ad not a bunch of nay say

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.