Homebrew What was this homebrew? (really good 3-D graphics)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi!

I remember a month ago seeing here a topic where among other things somebody posted a picture (or was it a video?) from a homebrew game, which has really good 3-D graphics like from a PC game, I think somebody said it run or looked like the NeverWinter Nights engine, or at least some other famous one. To me it looked like Morrowind. And I remember that now the homebrew has different name than it used to, does anyone recognise what this game was? I'd really love to try it out!

Thanks a lot
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh that homebrew xD. If I remember correctly that was mostly a demo that was being worked on at leisure and is pretty much just being able to walk around (and there might have been something about going over the polygon limit, so the DS doesn't display those polygons at all, leaving a couple dark spots flickering about I'm guessing).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Oh that homebrew xD. If I remember correctly that was mostly a demo that was being worked on at leisure and is pretty much just being able to walk around (and there might have been something about going over the polygon limit, so the DS doesn't display those polygons at all, leaving a couple dark spots flickering about I'm guessing).
Yeah last time I tried it (long ago, more recent releases haven't worked on my flashcart...), it was as you describe just a tech demo, and I think thats still all it is. The creator says he isn't very artistic, so he used NeverWinter Nights' models and textures to demonstrate the engine he wrote, or something like that. And you're right, he does say the polygon count is too high.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1