Hacking What was done to my Wii?

Orderly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short: I got a friend of a friend of a friend to softmod my Wii for me. He just didn't tell me what he did, and is now unreachable.

He said he just followed a guide on AfterDawn, and left everything on my sd card so I could see.

SD card contents:
\apps\cIOS38_rev13a
================================================================================
============
boot.dol
meta.xml

\apps\cMIOS_rev3
================================================================================
=========
boot.dol
meta.xml

\apps\IOS Downgrader
=============
boot.dol
meta.xml

\apps\usbloader_gx
===========
boot.dol
icon.png
META.XML

\apps\wadmanager
=========
boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml

\images\disc
=====

Total 0 file

\wad
==============================================================================
IOS60patched.wad
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad

Can anyone deduce what was done from this? Anything I should also do?

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All he did was remove region/backup restrictions, add homebrew/backup capabilities, just the standard shit to get you going. Just enjoy the hacks. You don't need any more work on it.

Orderly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you.
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you could update to cios rev 14.
Update to 4.1u.
Install preloader .29
install Bootmii and make a NAND Backup.

how do you plan on playing backups?

thru usb i suppose?
if not install a backup launcher.

get some hombrew apps with homebrew browser

Orderly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backups work fine on DVD, and are bootable through the disc menu. I have Backup Launcher .3g.

The guy said not to update, are you sure it won't brick? I'm at 4.0u.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orderly said:
Backups work fine on DVD, and are bootable through the disc menu. I have Backup Launcher .3g.

The guy said not to update, are you sure it won't brick? I'm at 4.0u.
use waninkoko's updater and your safe from a brick.
and if your worrying about brick then do as i said and install preloader and bootmii and make a NAND backup

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
updating from 4.0 to 4.1 shouldn't hurt anything, but its not really necessary. The problems happen when you down grade to 3.2 and then up to 3.4. That will brick you.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if u can install bootmii as boot2 do that immediately and make a nand backup
if you cant theres really no point to even have bootmii really, just install preloader after u update because while updating preloader will be erased anyways.
make sure u get a 4.1U hacks.ini.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with today's tools, waninkoko's upgrader is just as pointless as the downgraders.
Update to 4.1 through nintendo.-->Use the hackmii installer to get dvdx, bootmii, and HBC installed--->use DoP-IOS for just about everything else (you can get the latest of everything it lets you get and apply appropriate patches--> install cIOSrev14. Optionally use Startpatch or preloader .29 as well.

perhaps something is out of order in there and correct me if I'm wrong so this person doesn't get a partial brick and panick, but I don't exactly have my guide in front of me. I do know that the above covers all the steps you need to use loaders and what not.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
with today's tools, waninkoko's upgrader is just as pointless as the downgraders.
Update to 4.1 through nintendo.-->Use the hackmii installer to get dvdx, bootmii, and HBC installed--->use DoP-IOS for just about everything else (you can get the latest of everything it lets you get and apply appropriate patches--> install cIOSrev14. Optionally use Startpatch or preloader .29 as well.

perhaps something is out of order in there and correct me if I'm wrong so this person doesn't get a partial brick and panick, but I don't exactly have my guide in front of me. I do know that the above covers all the steps you need to use loaders and what not.

+1

Thats the way to go.

Orderly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
use DoP-IOS for just about everything else (you can get the latest of everything it lets you get and apply appropriate patches--> install cIOSrev14.
Just to clarify here, are you saying to just update everything I can?

How do I tell what patches are appropriate here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Beyblade let it rip haha.