What up with those fire emblem games?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by MaartenMx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. MaartenMx
    OP

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    The complete GBA games are already expensive! How come fire emblem is one of those extremely fast price rising franchises? Do you think the same on the 3DS games? Because I might want to buy 3/4 copies and keep them sealed!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It wasn't very popular back then, but since got a surge of popularity. So it didn't sell too well so there's not as many carts out there, but now there's more people that want them than there are physical units.

3. MaartenMx
    OP

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the information, really appreciate.

EDIT:

Is this the reason too with 3DS games? Is the demand higher than the Supply?

4. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Geez, so you gonna buy 4 copies just to sell those?! >_< You know I don't like that kind of actions, it's like buying 15 copies on a launch just cos there's high demand. If there's no physical copy, people will buy the digital version.(And if you ask way too much for it, people will actually choose the digital version over the one, you are selling.

I won't advice you to get multiple copies though, I am sure as Rydian stated, that the game will be around for a longer time then the others.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    As stated above, buying multiple copies is a pretty dumb idea, thanks to the digital copy being readily available. Besides, thats almost always a poor investment of money. Go buy land or stocks.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    well, used ds games still stell for launch price here, at least on amazon.
    i'd say its save to bet that digital market might set a limit to how much you can get for those games in a few years.