Hardware What type of WiFi USB thing do I get for my Wii?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I don't have a wireless connection, can't seem to find the Nintendo LAN adapter on sale here and this one professional modder guy who worked on my friend's and now mine Wii told me to get a USB thingy for PC that generates a WiFi field around it and makes my cable connection a wireless one.

I guess getting a Wireless router would be better, but setting that thing up is going to be a pain and I don't like messing with stuff like that at all, I just wanna plug it in and go play SSBB Online and that's it. Apparently this USB thing is simple to set up and works fine, but I don't know what type to get, I need something with a broader range because my computer and Wii while in the same room are pretty far apart, it's a big room.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
dude, shut up I don't know jack about this stuff.
And from what I've read and seen people say on forums the official Nintendo one isn't very good, in fact I remember some people over at LL having quite a lot of problems with that thing.

Well, thats wasy to set up. You could buy that, which is easy, or buy a wireless card from your PC that can be configured as a SoftAP. Figure it out, as not many cards can do that. Or you could just buy the Nintendo adapter.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have one I am willing to sell. Where are you located though? Shipping might make it not worth it.

it's this one
nintendo_wifi_usb.jpg

it worked good for me but tbh the software you had to put on your comp. was a little buggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi