What to do when a package is delivered to the wrong apartment unit?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Package(s) from Amazon were said to be delivered today, but saw nothing outside my door. Because my complex has two floors where the bottom floor are the 100s and the top floor is the 200s, I went outside and took a peak up the stairs to the unit just above mine. Sure enough, there's an Amazon package sitting there. I was expecting 2 separate packages on different days, but both were shown as delivered together, so I'm only assuming they might have put them into one package. Didn't go right up to it to check, but I feel it might be mine. And yet, even if it is mine, I'm hesitant to simply grab it and take it to my unit for fear that someone might be watching (the location is out in the open), and I honestly don't feel like having to go through explaining myself for taking packages off of someone else's porch. I just hate this kind of confrontation, even if I'm not in the wrong.

It's been sitting there for the past 4 hours (I work nights, so I didn't even see it was delivered until I woke up about an hour ago). The resident for that unit is likely at work. If you were me, what would you do?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd complain to Amazon. I got a refund when they did something like this before, saying I never gave permission to deliver to neighbours I don't know nor trust. Going down that route, you'll get a refund to reorder if desired, and then you can wait and hope the person does the right thing and deliver the parcel to you anyway. Either way you don't lose out.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Just go and check the label on the box. If its your name and address then its yours. If its not your name and address then its not yours. How is this considered "confrontation"?

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your name is on the package then you can just take it, since it belongs to you.
If that doesn't seem like something youd want to do then you can go the refund route like Scarlet suggested.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go check that it's yours

If it is, take it

If anyone questions you, it has your name on it

If you want to avoid confrontation, go tell your neighbor tonight what happened - that way if anyone informs him he knows already what happened

Also, this way he can just give it to you in the future

Reactions: Quantumcat

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
OR wait until your neighbour figures out its your package and brings it to you.....this breaks the ice, a relationship starts, you have sex with the neighbour, fall in love, get married, have kids, live happily ever after......your welcome!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Package(s) from Amazon were said to be delivered today, but saw nothing outside my door. Because my complex has two floors where the bottom floor are the 100s and the top floor is the 200s, I went outside and took a peak up the stairs to the unit just above mine. Sure enough, there's an Amazon package sitting there. I was expecting 2 separate packages on different days, but both were shown as delivered together, so I'm only assuming they might have put them into one package. Didn't go right up to it to check, but I feel it might be mine. And yet, even if it is mine, I'm hesitant to simply grab it and take it to my unit for fear that someone might be watching (the location is out in the open), and I honestly don't feel like having to go through explaining myself for taking packages off of someone else's porch. I just hate this kind of confrontation, even if I'm not in the wrong.

It's been sitting there for the past 4 hours (I work nights, so I didn't even see it was delivered until I woke up about an hour ago). The resident for that unit is likely at work. If you were me, what would you do?
GO GET IT ALRADY

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went and got them (was 2 packages, one hidden by the bigger one). Waited a little because a van had pulled up right then in view of that unit and the driver was looking at their phone like they were waiting for something.
What r u so scared off? Someone should of taken the packages

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR wait until your neighbour figures out its your package and brings it to you.....this breaks the ice, a relationship starts, you have sex with the neighbour, fall in love, get married, have kids, live happily ever after......your welcome!

what if the neighbor turns out to be an unattractive person of the gender he is not oriented toward. think, man, think..

charleen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this just happened. I was waiting for a package. they usually think my apartment is upstairs. some were delivered upstairs. my 11 year old went up to check. didn't touch them since it wasn't my name. Guy upstairs came pounding on my door cussing about us getting in his business. bitched about it everytime he walked by my apartment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...