What to do before I RGH3 my console?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've recently purchased an XBOX 360 S (Trinity) and it came with the 2.0.17349.0 dashboard. I've formatted the storage and created a few profiles that I will be using(?) and now I have a few questions:
1) Should I update to the latest version? I don't think I'll ever play online or anything, therefore playing backups via Aurora dashboard is probably what I'll do.
2) Is there anything else that I need to do before I RGH3 my console? Any do's or don't's in order to avoid getting my console banned?
3) Do I loose anything important if I hack my console? I believe that with it going online on stock firmware is out of question?

I'm new to the XBOX 360 hacking scene so I'd appreciate any tips, tutorials and alike that you can share with me. I'm somewhat familiar with the guides on the ConsoleMods Wiki and I'll follow the MrMario2011's guide on how to mod my console, but I still wonder if I've missed something or not.

Thank you for your time!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've recently purchased an XBOX 360 S (Trinity) and it came with the 2.0.17349.0 dashboard. I've formatted the storage and created a few profiles that I will be using(?) and now I have a few questions:
1) Should I update to the latest version? I don't think I'll ever play online or anything, therefore playing backups via Aurora dashboard is probably what I'll do.
2) Is there anything else that I need to do before I RGH3 my console? Any do's or don't's in order to avoid getting my console banned?
3) Do I loose anything important if I hack my console? I believe that with it going online on stock firmware is out of question?

I'm new to the XBOX 360 hacking scene so I'd appreciate any tips, tutorials and alike that you can share with me. I'm somewhat familiar with the guides on the ConsoleMods Wiki and I'll follow the MrMario2011's guide on how to mod my console, but I still wonder if I've missed something or not.

Thank you for your time!
It's probably a good idea to make sure the system is fully updated, since it's easier to update it while you have Xbox Live access.

Just make sure you enable all the Dashlaunch settings for blocking Xbox Live access (mainly liveblock and livestrong), there are other recommended patches too, this has a list of recommended patches: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:DashLaunch
Keep it disconnected from the network after flashing until that's done.

This guy has good tutorials:

I used his phat tutorial but for the soldering itself I just used the images on Xbox 360 Hub as reference since it's hard to follow along with a video while soldering.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's probably a good idea to make sure the system is fully updated, since it's easier to update it while you have Xbox Live access.
Updated to the latest version and, as far as I can tell, it was successful. No issues whatsoever.

Just make sure you enable all the Dashlaunch settings for blocking Xbox Live access (mainly liveblock and livestrong), there are other recommended patches too, this has a list of recommended patches: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:DashLaunch
Keep it disconnected from the network after flashing until that's done.
Gotcha. Should I remove WiFi settings before i do RGH3? I had to connect to my WiFi in order to update the system to the latest version previously.

This guy has good tutorials:

I used his phat tutorial but for the soldering itself I just used the images on Xbox 360 Hub as reference since it's hard to follow along with a video while soldering.
Understood. Yeah, I've run into his guide on setting up RGH3 on Slim model with a Trinity motherboard and it looked simple enough, I guess. I've ordered the stuff I need for RGH3 and, in the meantime, I'll practice the soldering on some of my old boards and pray for the best. I'm new to soldering so this will be a fun project to begin with.

Anything else I should know about?

Slavaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to the latest version and, as far as I can tell, it was successful. No issues whatsoever.

Gotcha. Should I remove WiFi settings before i do RGH3? I had to connect to my WiFi in order to update the system to the latest version previously.

Understood. Yeah, I've run into his guide on setting up RGH3 on Slim model with a Trinity motherboard and it looked simple enough, I guess. I've ordered the stuff I need for RGH3 and, in the meantime, I'll practice the soldering on some of my old boards and pray for the best. I'm new to soldering so this will be a fun project to begin with.

Anything else I should know about?
You dont need to remove wifi settings. The video posted above is exactly the one I would use. A few things I will tell you, flux is a necessity so make sure to get good flux, 30awg kynar wire, and spend the couple dollars on a x clamp removal tool. Any soldering iron will work. I did my first rgh3 with a $5 walmart iron before I upgraded. One other thing that helped me was buying a cheap usb microscope for the point that you have to scrape away on(this point is a bit of a nightmare when soldering). I started off with a magnifying glass with a ring light on it, which works well, but it is noticibly easier with the microscope. If this is a one time thing for you, buy what you need individually. If you want to do this a few times, buy the wire/flux/thermal paste in bulk. If you have any want to use og xbox games you will need to have an internal hdd. If not, an external will work just fine. If you use an internal you will want FatXplorer software. It has a free trial that will suit your needs, and its worth the money to buy IMO. I have recently started using a pico flasher also. Im sure theres a whole other debate on using that as some have said it fails, but its literally like $3 on amazon and I bought a couple of them and it has worked great. Weekend modder also sells a wiring kit for it for like another $5. The very last thing I will say is that while you are in there, clean the crap out of it while its tore down. As far as the online stuff, I have never used mine online, so I cant help at all in that area. The only thing ive done online with my console is getting covers. Hope this helps, and good luck. Its a good learning experience.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Xdqwerty, is getting better at controlling his emotions way more than in the past