what to do about people that lie a LOT ?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lets say someone i know lies a LOT .
literally , lies about having games , or having certain things in general . this person is one of my best friends, but it's gotten to a certain extent where it's really annoying . now what should i do ? he's a good friend , i just don't understand why he lies so much ... his Xbox got banned , so claerly , he's been pirating a lot of games . not only that , but he tries to make it seem like PC is the best 'gaming system' . puts down all consoles then tries to support PC as much as possible .

i myself am a PC gamer , which is great , but honestly , he's gotta stop being like this . he says he plays Team Fortress 2 , but he won't play with me on Steam .
he talks big about being a CoD PC Gamer , which bothers me . he talks about being able to play on dedicated servers for CoD4 , yet he asks me 'hey how do i get CoD4 on PC to play online?' . he says a lot about being able to play MW2 on dedicated servers before the creation of the 'Altered' version of it . 'Oh yeah , we can play on dedicated servers with mods on PC for MW2. ' said that a lot before . when Black Ops came out , he kept on encouraging me to get it because it had dedicated servers . ofc i knew that , i am a CoD gamer , and was really happy once i heard the news before he even told me .

now what should i do ? he talks big about being a PC gamer , as if he knows a lot , yet he probably just pirates all his games , plays campaign or offline and the next day , talks as much as he can about the game .

-sigh-

/confused

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Call him out. Call him on his lies. Eventually even the most tightly wound lie must come undone. Unless he plans on going into politics, you'll be doing him a world of good by teaching him that lies cause only pain.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, don't confront him about it harshly, that'll solve the problem for like....a week.

What you have to do is let him grow out of it. Allow him to find a place in the conversation, that's not just lying about things.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. Don't talk so much about games. He is just trying to fit in probably and I'm willing to bet he sucks. But who cares if he sucks cuz it is just a game that will get old in less than a year. Let him talk all he wants. who cares?
Why don't you go play some tennis?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
call him out , it's alright . that'd be harsh just as some of you said . sure he'll deny it , i don't mind getting into a debate . in the end , it'll stand , he'll grow out , he'll get bored . he can say all he wants , but where's it going to get him ? maybe one day i'll tell him to stop blurting such stuff out , to actually think about it for once .

tatripp said it , maybe he just wants to fit in . it just happens that our group of friends are gamers , we always talk about games . though it may seem we have no life , it's probably true . some of us got other things to do ; concentrate on school , a bit of editing , a bit of gaming .

it's funny too , i practice a bit of tennis over the summer xD .

EDIT : over at Facebook , he tried saying he spent OnLive for $300 .
then he corrected himself and said he spent $99 . then after i came in and openly said Steam > OnLive .
now he's trying to win this by saying 'where can you buy a console with HDMI cables for $30?!"
i laughed at it , knowing that you can get HDMI cables for $10 and also adding that some PC gamers have no use for HDMI cables .

now he's saying about how it's plug n' play . LOL
this is just making me laugh . there's more things to it , but that's the highlight of what he said . i simply contradicted and said , 'you can connect a PC to a TV and still have more games then OnLive
tongue.gif
'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2