What themes does Wood R4 support?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Pikachu123angel, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Pikachu123angel
    OP

Pikachu123angel Nintendo Ninja

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2010
    Stoke, England
    Which flash cart theme should I download for wood. Should I download an AceKard one?

2. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Yep, it supports Acekard themes. The Acekard site itself has some great ones hosted on it.

3. Pikachu123angel
    OP

Pikachu123angel Nintendo Ninja

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2010
    Stoke, England
    ah, thank you.
    I might make some themes for wood. Please can you give some advice on how to improve this R4 firmware theme?[​IMG]
    The one on the left is the start up one with the icons. The one on the right is the game and folders selection.

4. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I'm not the greatest at graphics so can't really give tips. [​IMG] To be honest I never use skins/themes on my carts. More people will read this thread though and probably give you some tips. [​IMG]

5. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Photoshop or gimp.

Your technique is good, but you need a bit of fading so words can be seen.

Hmmmm.... I don't know what to do with the one on the left (scratch it and start over maybe), but the right.... Fade the upper screen a bit, make the bottom screen lighter.... You have to make it so you can read the words and know what you're seeing.

6. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

GBAtemp Patron
    jurassicplayer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    I would say that it lacks proper substance...It looks like you just cut/pasted images together. Try using a fun image editor (GIMP, Photoshop, Paintshop, etc.) to add some effects or borders (something that makes the skin more of 'your' skin rather than just a bunch of other people's images put together).
    Also, try to mesh the images together so its more fluid (the icons background)