Hacking What the point of Freeloader if you have a Modchip?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
People without modchips can play imported games. And it's especially cool for europeans. We can now import games from the US, where games get released a lot earlier. And because of the low dollar it's also very cheap.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some NTSC releases don't work on PAL consoles even with some modchips and well its not retarded. Also the thing was created for those without anyway so its not at all retarded.

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why take the mik out of him when he said its retarded using it when you HAVE a modchip. not when you dont
smile.gif

superthamtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already had a wiikey on my Jap wii but it isn't 100% region free. With this can I play Dragon Ball BT3 US, SMG US,... on my Jap Wii?

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superthamtu said:
I've already had a wiikey on my Jap wii but it isn't 100% region free. With this can I play Dragon Ball BT3 US, SMG US,... on my Jap Wii?

Yes.

Do make sure your wiikey is updated to 1.9g for SMG.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but since you're living in the U.S. (at least that's what your profile says) you can import games from japan because then you'll have the game 2 months ahead of time, of course you would have to deal with the japanese language

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freeloader is useful even with a modchip because as of right now, all modchips have about 80% compatibility. Jap Wii's even with modchips can't play american SMG so they either have to trucha sign which is a pain in the ass, or simply get the japanese freeloader.

Don't ask why someone would have a japanese wii when they speak english. Just don't.

As for americans, we can now play that naruto game which no mod chip has the ability to play as of yet!

And Pal gets everything, they can support SUDA51, buy no more heroes american, and play it on their wii with full gore. Hooray.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Try playing games that are not PAL on a pal wii and dont open with trucha signer and you will understand how useful this nifty program can be. And also no more fear of bricking, double channels or accidental updating.

otakutrevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Im saying, people are talking about burning the freeloader to a disc and i was just thinking...if you have a modchip, you should be able to play a copy of them game anyway, thus not needing it.

Famoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
otakutrevan said:
No Im saying, people are talking about burning the freeloader to a disc and i was just thinking...if you have a modchip, you should be able to play a copy of them game anyway, thus not needing it.

Dude, some games from other regions do not work even with a modchip, thus freeloader comes in handy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto