Hacking What SD card speed is the best for usb loader?

Tiduz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, what would be the optimal SDHC card to get for usbloader? I just played some games from microsd 4gb but i normally use that for my DS, im planning on getting 8 or 16 gb SDHC non micro, but im not sure what speed is the best.

Like if i get a card thats more expensive but the wii doesnt even need it to be that fast, id obviously want a cheaper one then.

But i dont want to waste money on a card that laggs up games either. So any word on what is the ''optimal'' speed?

coffeeBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a test between class 4 and class 6 and haven't found any loading differences between the two. Games that had loading problems on gamma ran fine on both class 4 and class 6. Obviously I wasn't able to test every game but I feel like most if not all games will run just fine on class 4. To be safe I would get a class 6 though.

Tiduz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys, and yeah i know about the external hdd, i dont have the space for it atm. ill use a sd for now
smile.gif
also, sd's arent that expensive over here
biggrin.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Tiduz said:
thanks guys, and yeah i know about the external hdd, i dont have the space for it atm. ill use a sd for now
smile.gif
also, sd's arent that expensive over here
biggrin.gif

Space? How is 2.5" taking up too much space?

Im wondering the same. My 2.5 external fits in the palm of my hand no problem and its powered by USB so theres no bulky power cord

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
coffeeBean said:
I did a test between class 4 and class 6 and haven't found any loading differences between the two. Games that had loading problems on gamma ran fine on both class 4 and class 6. Obviously I wasn't able to test every game but I feel like most if not all games will run just fine on class 4. To be safe I would get a class 6 though.

Yeah.....about that, you still need to do the ultimate test with Need For Speed Undercover, in gamma the highways doesn't load fast enough to continue driving...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already