qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I couldnt find my first phone I remember it was a nokia with rubber sides and that it was stirdy as hell it even survived the washing machine ones \

my second phone a nokia 1600
m1bytw8wa9hc.jpg

my current phone I changed since this phone is better and was laying around doing nothing
Nokia-1209-2.jpg

note I use prepaid and I never had to upgrade though I did have my simcard being locked twice due to not upgrading the credit after a year my current simcard luckily doesn't have that restriction.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
nokia 3210
nokia 3310**
skipped* **
nokia 3310
nokia 2600 classic**
cherry m33

*forgot the model
**phone i lost.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Attila13 said:
CannonFoddr said:
EDIT: Hmm might stick with Nokia - the N8 looks tempting as well
Just a note, but if I were you I'd wait for the N9 (with full QWERTY keyboard) which is said that it will be loaded with Nokias new OS MeeGo and many new features!
smile.gif
I'm only 'looking' at the moment - too expensive to actually buy - SIM free/unlocked etc (>£350 for a PHONE !!!) waiting for them to get a little cheaper (& affordable) before actually buying

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st phone - LG VX5200
vx5200.jpg

2nd phone - LG VX8350
vx8350.jpg

3rd and current phone - Motorola Krave ZN-4
krave-zn4.jpg

Hopeful eventual 4th Phone - Droid Incredible (or well, whatever the upgraded version of it is by then)

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*some Bosch phone*
Motorola V100
Nokia 3510
Nokia 3510i
Nokia 3230
Nokia N79
I'm considering to get Nokia C6-01, or N8 if I can find a good deal.
Perhaps I'll wait for N9. My inner geek wants a MeeGo phone which I'll install regular Linux apps if it's Atom powered.

Did I mention I love Nokia?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1st. old Nokia phone [the one with Space Impact + Snake II]
2nd. LG Neon
3rd. Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

now i am back to the old Nokia phone . the Xperia is too complicated and need a battery replacement . Neon died on me , and wouldn't turn on .

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Phone thread!

In the past, I never really cared for phones, even in High School when everyone else had one from early ages and I didn't have one the whole 4 years. Now that smartphones are out, thought, I'm crazy for all the new, amazing technology that phones carry!

My first phone was a prepaid phone, the Samsung T201G, got it for $20 with prepaid minutes:

samsungsght201g.jpg

My next phone was a used one I bought from one of my bosses. It was the AT&T Fuze. I nabbed it for $60 used. I was on T-Mobile and it was an AT&T-branded phone, so no 3G or data plan for me. I could still connect to Wi-Fi points with it though. And it came with a stylus! (ooooh!) It ran on Windows Mobile (6.5, I think). It was a neat phone that kept me busy until I was introduced to the wonders of Android.

imgname--htc_fuze_now_available_online_on_att_website---HTC_Fuze.jpg

My friend let me borrow his extra Motorola Cliq for a few weeks so I could try out Android for the first time. I instantly fell in love with Android and had to have the phone! I scoured eBay and found a better, thinner, lighter, more updated model, the Motorola Cliq XT. I nabbed a lightly used one on eBay for $175. It got rid of the physical keyboard and only had a touch-screen keyboard, that's what made it so light. I was weary of the touchscreen-only keyboard at first, but now, I can't have a phone any other way! It ran on Android and was skinned with Motoblur. Motoblur was nice, but it eventually slowed down my phone at times. I waited for some type of rooting capabilities but it never came in the period of time I waited for it. Motorola also kept delaying Android updates for the phone for whole quarters. I was starting to think Motorola was abandoning the phone.

T-Mobile-Motorola-Cliq-XT.jpg

Eventually, I decided to sell off my phone after a few months of use due to slowdowns and lack of updates to a friend of mine. She bought it for $125 and that went toward me buying a brand new, shiny phone. T-Mobile was having a promotion in which if someone new signed up for a contract and bought the new Samsung Vibrant (aka Galaxy S in other areas), then they would get a second Vibrant for free. I found one girl on Craigslist who was trying to sell her second phone off, and I snagged it for $300, brand new, sealed, without a contract. It's currently the phone I'm using. It's quite simply, a breath-taking piece of technology, I LOVE the damn thing to death. It came with Samsung's TouchWiz skinned over Android, but I instantly rooted the phone and did away with the skinned OS for pure Android.

samsung-vibrant.png

There have been rumors of the Samsung Vibrant 4G phone coming out very, very soon. Wondering if I should sell this Vibrant for $200-$275 and use it to upgrade to this new model. The new model adds a front-facing cam for video chat support and 4G speed support, although I don't think I'll be dipping into 4G speeds for a while now. Don't know if the minor changes are worth it. Aside from those differences, it is essentially the same exact phone...
unsure.gif

Samsung-Galaxy-S-4G-T-Mo-signup.jpg

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Well for me, I started out with some cheap black and white samsung, then I got a cheap freezing Motorola (god I hate motorola) and then I moved to the iPhone 3GS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night