Gaming what (n)3ds games should I place on my list of games??

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conception II. it's really underrated, and it's a pretty good game. not great when compared to other JRPG's but it's good in it's own right. hmm, let's see.... then there's Shin Megami Tensei, but I believe someone else suggested that... Zelda OOT being hard though? I mean, it's your opinion, I respect that; maybe it's just easy to me because I have 95% of the whole thing (including Master Quest) memorized.... but back on subject. Metal Gear Solid 3 is on 3ds, controls suck without a CPP though. IDK if that matters for a N3DS... I thoroughly enjoyed my first twelve or so playthroughs of Bravely Default, and Dragon Quest V for DS is really good too. Fire Emblem 11(Shadow Dragon) and Fire Emblem 12(Shin Monshou no Nazo AKA New mystery of the Emblem) are Really good too, you'd have to get a translation for 12 though. and a Flashcart if you don't already have one. though, you could always just play FE12 on your PC.

Zeldalife89

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Plz do your self a favor and get dragon quest vii for 3ds it came out like month or 2 ago great game its a rpg its also 90hrs long and part viii comes out in 2017 so you got a year to beat vii ;p

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dragon Quest VII if you love RPG.
I'm currently playing it.
Bravely Default and Bravely Second.
Agreed dragon quest is my fav series along with pokemon and zelda games lol

Zeldalife89

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zelda's is a must and zelda isnt hard like the guy said few posts back
The puzzles can be hard but you can easily look up online and get past it
I played zelda oot for the first time 2 months ago used a walkthrough guide had no problems at all

Conception II. it's really underrated, and it's a pretty good game. not great when compared to other JRPG's but it's good in it's own right. hmm, let's see.... then there's Shin Megami Tensei, but I believe someone else suggested that... Zelda OOT being hard though? I mean, it's your opinion, I respect that; maybe it's just easy to me because I have 95% of the whole thing (including Master Quest) memorized.... but back on subject. Metal Gear Solid 3 is on 3ds, controls suck without a CPP though. IDK if that matters for a N3DS... I thoroughly enjoyed my first twelve or so playthroughs of Bravely Default, and Dragon Quest V for DS is really good too. Fire Emblem 11(Shadow Dragon) and Fire Emblem 12(Shin Monshou no Nazo AKA New mystery of the Emblem) are Really good too, you'd have to get a translation for 12 though. and a Flashcart if you don't already have one. though, you could always just play FE12 on your PC.
Zelda oot not hard because if your stuck ur one google and 1second away to fix that problem

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda's is a must and zelda isnt hard like the guy said few posts back
The puzzles can be hard but you can easily look up online and get past it
I played zelda oot for the first time 2 months ago used a walkthrough guide had no problems at all

Zelda oot not hard because if your stuck ur one google and 1second away to fix that problem
Yeah OOT is easy for me. Like I said I have 90% of the regular version AND master quest memorized, the only thing I don't have down in memory is the skulltulas. I can get 50 easy 60 with a little effort, but after 70, well... I gotta work hard. Never used any guides either, just been replaying them since 1998.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
3DS:
0) Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (a great little platform game, with a very snazzy character and a lot of character development)
1) LoZ A Link Between Worlds (it's a shorter game, but the mechanics and puzzle solving is much less difficult than the originals!)
2) Fantasy Life
3) MH 4U (I liked 4U better than Generations, but you may get more fun out of Generations if you are a MH vet)
4) Yokai Watch (the first one has a less padded storyline - so that's better)
5) Corpse Party - very good and gory visual novel with extras to unlock. Pretty fun, but not suitable for younger audiences (it's rated M here).

Runners up: Shovel Knight (the difficulty had me cursing at later levels and there's less story development here), Binding of Isaac (too many bugs, I've had crashes and then I had the software slow down to the point of being unplayable), Smash Bros (I hate fighting games with a passion and this is no exception)

DS:
0) Chrono Trigger
1) Lunar Knights - RPG anti-vampires thing mixed with touch screen flight battles. Very fun, but the grid movement in the main game will make you want to break things.
2) Solatorobo red the hunter (If you can get past the "furry" characters, and the anime artstyle. There is a very story rich game here.) Warning - some of the late game enemies will curb stomp your butt if you don't grind.
3) Aliens Infestation - like the run and gun genre? This is fun - basically you play a crew fighting off the Xenomorphs from Aliens. You have limited ammo, bombs and everything else. It's like Metroid on the DS. You use your new stuff to open up new areas. Also, great atmosphere.
4) Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime - you play a slime with the power to pick stuff up and throw it. Very cute and surprisingly rich gameplay here.
5) Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
6) Contra 4
7) Retro Game Challenge - old school fake NES games with a Japanese game show host? Yes, please....

Runners Up: Space Invaders Extreme (if I ever see a copy "in the wild", I'd have to snag one for myself, as it is fun - basically Space Invaders with power ups and more variations), Rub Rabbits/Feel the Magic (mini-games - think Warioware mixed with Japanese quirkyness - one of the first games I bought for the DS and one of the few games on the system that I beat), Soul Bubbles (puzzle-ish game with you guiding a bubble through a maze...
I am a monster hunter veteran.. I played through mh3u on my own then played through generations... it is awesome... and when I played through the newest yokai watch demo, it seemed a bit too childish for my tastes... and I liked the looks of corpse party...

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot are both incredible games. Also, despite what you may have heard, the story of Kirby games is super dark. Not your average kids' game. Definitely a must-play if you like platformers. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows too) are also really fun. :)

Last edited by GalladeGuy,

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Fire Emblem Series. The DS Version is the best one. Also the 999 Zero Escape games. Again the DS Version is the best one. :)

Anthropomorphed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not read the previous posts.

Some good games are:

Stella Glow
Fire Emblem Awaking
Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Persona Q
The Legend of Zelda: OOT3D, Link Between World, Majoras Mask 3D, Hyrule Warrios Legends if you like to annahilate tons of enemys
If you played Mystery Dungeon, think about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
I saw someone mentioning 999 Zero Escape Games: The Order is: 999 > Virtue's Last Reward > Zero Time Dilemma, its really good to play :)
Prof. Layton and the azran legacy
Prof. Layton vs Phoenix Wright was it i think
Tales of the Abyss
for a bit fun maybe Senran Kagura ^^

And you should have enough to play a while :D

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not read the previous posts.

Some good games are:

Stella Glow
Fire Emblem Awaking
Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Persona Q
The Legend of Zelda: OOT3D, Link Between World, Majoras Mask 3D, Hyrule Warrios Legends if you like to annahilate tons of enemys
If you played Mystery Dungeon, think about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
I saw someone mentioning 999 Zero Escape Games: The Order is: 999 > Virtue's Last Reward > Zero Time Dilemma, its really good to play :)
Prof. Layton and the azran legacy
Prof. Layton vs Phoenix Wright was it i think
Tales of the Abyss
for a bit fun maybe Senran Kagura ^^

And you should have enough to play a while :D

Fe13 and fe14 are good games, but nowhere near as good as the older ones. it's essentially "Waifu wars" now. maybe it's just me. also, there's no feet in fe13. still both good games though. aside from the feet thing.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
conception II is basically pokemon but using your seven "children" (waifus) as creatures for battle... or that's at least what I grasped from the trailer on the eshop... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?