what music do you like

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Langin, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Langin
    OP

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    I like heavy metal like rammstein,system of a down and some game music is good too!

hmm what do you like?

2. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Well i am one of the few ppl in RL that are listening to J-pop.

I rarely hear any other music ... if not j-pop than sometimes older german songs or just silent and slow songs ...

or stuff that has a great feeling to it like this one

3. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I listen to anything thats got a good beat or groove. If you saw my music collection you'd probably think I was odd. lol

4. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I like it soft, slow, fast and hard, screaming, instrumental and a little bit of country [​IMG]

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    almost anything metal-core or of the same types

6. Hardkaare

Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    Sàigòn VN _____ Status: Banned
    Did nobody mention hardstyle? [​IMG]

7. Rammoth

Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2003
    United States
    I listen mainly to Jrock (not Dir en Grey and other crap with generic singers), followed by jpop, movie/game soundtracks, western rock, 60's music and classical music. Other than that, there's still a shitload of bands, groups and singers I occassionally listen to, but most of the time I listen to the before mention genres.

8. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    most types of metal just as long as its not screaming the entire song some screaming is ok but not the entire song i prefer vocals...most other types of rock and rap from the 80s & 90s =D

9. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    RAWK N ROLLLLL

nah I like Hard rock and some Killers type stuff

10. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Black Metal:
    Immortal, Mayhem, Burzum, Mgla, Belphegor, Antestor, Darkthrone, Ulver, etc.

Death Metal:
    Cannibal Corpse, Corpus Mortale, Skinless, Death, OLD In Flames (Melodic Death Metal), Cormorant (Progressive Death), Opeth (Progressive Death), etc.

Electronica, techno, post-rock, stuff like that.

11. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    ^^says the guy with a dancing sandwich in his ava [​IMG]

12. Langin
    OP

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    You al are listening to good music I hate queen but oke

13. MissingNo._

MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Greater Bay Area, California
    Rock! I love songs that have a guitar (of course) because I can play the song on mine.

I also like some anime and video game songs, like Rhythm Tengoku, Rhythm Heaven, Kingdom Hearts, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Naruto, Coolboarders 2 (don't ask why; just listen), Plane Crazy (again, don't ask why; just listen), and Bust A Move (do I really need to say it again?).

My favorite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers.

14. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hyper dystopian dimension
    i generelly hear everything that have a nice sound ranged from calm to brute, rock, pop, j-rock/pop, reggaeton, hiphop, r&b:.
    favour rock, less classical, but more alternative with electro and rap influences (linkin park, 30 seconds to mars, panic at the disco, fall out boy etc)
    and punk:.

15. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Your Mum
    I liek Hard Rock... No I [​IMG] LOVE [​IMG] Hard Rock! Bands like... Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin (they are more folk/blues based but w/e), Bon Jovi, Van Halen, KISS, AC/DC and ZZ Top

And also Heavy Metal... Espcially NWOBHM bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest... Also the more trash metal stuff... a little of metallica. Black Sabbath and Ozzy Obourne too. And I particulary [​IMG] this guitarist for Ozzy, Mr. Fucking Zakk Wylde... without the fucking. And I love his band, Black Label Society too.

I like the less heavy rock too... Like Beatles, Who, Queen, ROlling Stones. But most not so much... Particulary like Beatles' early material tho.

And going on... I love Punk too. I listen to Harcore the most... I just love the sound of raw rage from them. Listen to Rise Against primarily, but sometimes I like Strike Anywhere. And of course, I like Johnny Rotten and Iggy Pop. Sex Pistols and The Stooges are my top Punk type bands. And Public Image Limited is awesome too, tho its calssified Post-Punk.

And Grunge too.... Things like Nirvana, ALice in Chains, Stone temple Pilots.

Oh and Alternative. I like Daughtry(ppl say his bad, but oh well), Foo Fighters, FM Static and Red Hot Chili Peppers(think they are considered Funk Rock but I'll just put this here).

Oh and Blues. Jimi Hendrix, Yardbirds, Animals, and a little Clapton. Led Zeppelin most tho.

My, thats pretty long of a post... tl; dr Rock stuff

16. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Metal
    Rock
    Hard Rock
    Punk Rock
    Indie
    Some Classic Rock
    RAP SUCKZ

17. KingdomBlade

KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Apr 24, 2009
    In Vulpes' Fur
    Emo Rock, Metal Rock, Mixes, Some kinds of Pop like J-Pop, Piano Songs, Blues, and just Rock in general. I also like Game music (but only voiced ones).

18. Langin
    OP

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

thats so true! I hate rap no exclusions!

19. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    I'm probably the only person on gbatemp who loves listening to rap, hip-hop, and almost every type of spanish music. I hate rock, all kinds of it. I find it extremely annoying.

20. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    I listen to right about any genre you can come up with, from Classical music to death metal, from J-rock to nintendocore, etc. Only things I really hate are hiphop, rap and things like Crack David or Akon... Just farkin stupid. :ugh: