Gaming What movies are you wanting to see on the 3DS

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Every movie that has had 3D effects. Simple as that. And I suppose that's what Nintendo will do.

Range-TE said:
and one movie series that i hope with all my heart doesn't get a release on 3DS is the Twilight Saga
Why not? It's not like you HAVE to buy all movies that come out for the 3DS...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Pokemon Movies, for sure.

- The Godfather movies.

- GhostBusters, c'mon.

- The episodes of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show and The Legend Of Zelda (Excuuuuuuse me, Nintendo!)

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolt and Wall-E. Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo made an agreement with Disney/Pixar to show trailers in 3D and have movie streaming onto the 3DS as pay2view service?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saddamsdevil said:
Bolt and Wall-E. Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo made an agreement with Disney/Pixar to show trailers in 3D and have movie streaming onto the 3DS as pay2view service?
mellow.gif

Yes, yes! Do it now! DO IT!

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I am hopefull they bring out a rent and buy service, for example:
Rent (stream) movies for one viewing, for £?
Buy movies (full download) you own it, for £??

I loved Avatar and cant wait to see the 3D without glasses. Also loved How to train a dragon
smile.gif

WANT = next years Transformers in 3D! Exclusive to 3DS!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
What would be funny if Nintendo made a special charging cradle for the 3DS that also had an HDMI port on it so that when the 3DS was connected to the cradle, it could output to 3D-capable (or non-capable) TVs so people could look at pictures or watch videos (3D or not), all the while using a special remote that worked in conjunction with the IR port on the side of the 3DS?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so why would movies need to be made in 3d to be 3d? I mean, they'd look prettier, but you can take an image, split it in two and cross your eyes, and it appears in 3d. So why not just put ANY movie on there, and the system splits the image and your eye's re-conjoin them... i mean, it won't pop, but it'll have killer depth. Just wanted to note that
smile.gif

DiscostewSM said:
What would be funny if Nintendo made a special charging cradle for the 3DS that also had an HDMI port on it so that when the 3DS was connected to the cradle, it could output to 3D-capable (or non-capable) TVs so people could look at pictures or watch videos (3D or not), all the while using a special remote that worked in conjunction with the IR port on the side of the 3DS?

The resolution of the 3ds screen is so shallow that it looks fine on the small screen, but stretch it to a "full screen" and it would look wretched.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WildWon said:
but you can take an image, split it in two and cross your eyes, and it appears in 3d
Unless the two images are taken from a slightly different perspective you're not getting 3D. You're just getting 2D, eye strain and mocking glances from people who see you doing it.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
WildWon said:
but you can take an image, split it in two and cross your eyes, and it appears in 3d
Unless the two images are taken from a slightly different perspective you're not getting 3D. You're just getting 2D, eye strain and mocking glances from people who see you doing it.

Like i said. THREEEEE DEEEEEEE!!

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alice in Wonderland and Avatar! Basically any movie in 3d I could find. It will be quite a while before I can afford a 3D television.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Ok, so why would movies need to be made in 3d to be 3d? I mean, they'd look prettier, but you can take an image, split it in two and cross your eyes, and it appears in 3d. So why not just put ANY movie on there, and the system splits the image and your eye's re-conjoin them... i mean, it won't pop, but it'll have killer depth. Just wanted to note that
smile.gif

DiscostewSM said:

The resolution of the 3ds screen is so shallow that it looks fine on the small screen, but stretch it to a "full screen" and it would look wretched.

And why would you think it would be limited to the 3DS's native screen resolution? That never stopped the PSP from outputting 480p via component cables for UMD and AVC video formats (but games 'were' limited to the screen's resolution).

It's just a thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10