Hacking What mod chip is best? and other noob ?'s

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm looking into getting a wii and a mod chip. I'm REALLY new to this kinda of stuff. I have never even tried to solder anything before. So I have a few questions about modding a wii.

What chip is best?
easiest to install?
best for its price?
most compatible?

Will I be able to use the Wii as if it were never modded? Or will you be able to tell it has been messed with?
Will I be able to go online and play normal Wii games I buy?

Is soldering easy? Will I be able to learn fast?

thank you for all your help. I hope to be an active member of this board soon
smile.gif

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm looking into getting a wii and a mod chip. I'm REALLY new to this kinda of stuff. I have never even tried to solder anything before. So I have a few questions about modding a wii.

What chip is best? Wiikey
easiest to install? Wiikey
best for its price? Wiikey
most compatible? Wiikey

Will I be able to use the Wii as if it were never modded? Yes. Or will you be able to tell it has been messed with? No.
Will I be able to go online and play normal Wii games I buy? Yes.

Is soldering easy? No. Will I be able to learn fast? No.

thank you for all your help. I hope to be an active member of this board soon
smile.gif

First figure out what type of Wii you have and if modding it is even an option. If it is find someone to install the chip for you because these thinging are freakin tiny and not a good chip to start with. Ive done xbox, ps2, and GC chip installs and the Wiikey was still a challenge for me. I had to buy a new iron to get the thing in there.
cry.gif

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
define learing soldering fast.

1 hour with the right tools and instruction almost anyone can install a easy modchip install like the wiikey.
tongue.gif
sorry to the above poster I consider this a relatively easy modchip to install.

I would recomend the wiikey but make sure you dont have the latest D2C chip otherwise you will need to get the D2Ckey which is currently the only Modchip for the D2C's, If you have a D2C get a professional to install the chip.

Also in most cases it ends up being cheaper just to pay someone to install a modchip.

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Where would I go for someone to install it for me? Are you talking about going to some place like radio shack, or finding some random person who knows how and paying them?

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hardly a professional, I've modded next to nothing and I managed a Wiikey install including one wire to a chip leg (one of the solder pads was loose and came off).

No, Radioshack won't fit a modchip for you being it's not all that legal.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buying a Wii at this point in time I don't think you will have a choice when it comes to modchips. You'll 99% need a d2ckey. The 1% being if you buy it used.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0