What LCD monitors do you like?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Pigwooly, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Pigwooly
    OP

Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2007
    United States
    Hey, has anyone had any experience with a good lcd monitor that is affordable (no more than $450)?

I'm an artist and animator first and a gamer secondly so the color quality and consistency is of primary importance to me. I'd prefer an S-IPS screen to a TN screen because I hate it when colors look darker or there are different hues in different areas of the screen. I was going to get the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP, but I called and it looks like it just got discontinued. [​IMG]

Of course since I animate I want a screen that won't ghost or blur movement too bad, but my main concern is the color consistency.

So what monitors do you like?

2. ben_r_

ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    California
    Samsung 204B was a great monitor! 20.1" with 1600x1200 resolution. Great response time for gaming and after calibration reproduced good contrast, great colors and even backlighting. I used to own two of them.

3. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
  4. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
  5. ben_r_

ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    California
    Nice! Thats a very well put together article. I dont know if I agree with all the ratings, but its still good. That article is the first I have seen put the Dell 30" above the Samsung 30"... I have owned both I can def say that the Samsung was a lot nicer and the one I stayed with!

6. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    I used to love 940bw in 8 months ago and i wanted mainly for desktop and 360 use, but since ur an artist, maybe u should stick to CRT, since of colors in CRT are much real than LCDs, take black for an example.

7. betawind

betawind GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2007
    United States
    check out the samsung 226bw....best monitor I've ever owned.

8. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    2nd this. It's a great monitor, I would recommend it to anyone. If you want a 24'' Though the Westinghouse I posted is great also.

9. pimpyT

pimpyT GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2006
    United States
    My Dell 2007WFP has been great to me. I've had her for about 2 years and still no dead pixels and the images are always quite crisp. Moved up from a 21" CRT and I haven't looked back since.

10. Banger

Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    CRTs are suppose to be better for "art" type things.