• Replies 362
  • Likes 4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing for German is to not laugh at the way the word are being pronounced. I still find it funny how it is pronounced.

I got used to it, I've grown up in a family where German is a second language for most of us (so really, it's other people who don't know German who laugh when I say anything with a "ch" in it XD

Reactions: Deleted User

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I forgot that I learned some German such as Herr and Fraülein just from playing Ace Attorney, I also know some French such as Monsiuer and Bonjour. Not sure if my spelling is correct though.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just started learning Mandarin and Cantonese, I'm still not that good at it though. I know a few German and Spanish words but I can't exactly group them together in a sentence yet.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just started learning Mandarin and Cantonese, I'm still not that good at it though. I know a few German and Spanish words but I can't exactly group them together in a sentence yet.

Is Spanish a popular language in the Philippines? (as in do many people speak the language there?)

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i forgot, i can understand most of south-african language, since it's almost like dutch... there's double denialor double negativity but when sthey say the words it sounds dutch, and although they have some new words for cars, trains and candy's there's no big problem... just writen it takes me some time, since they write the words really different. they understand me if i speak dutch (and they laugh about the way i say things), and i can understand them if they speak (and laugh about the way they say things).

Reactions: jayjay123

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
My mother language is Bulgarian.
I've been learning English through TV and games since very little (like 2 years old) and lessons (since I was about 6). I got a CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) 3 months ago.
Now I'm learning Russian at school, since ~80% of the words are the same as those in Bulgarian, making it easy to score good grades.
Next year I'm gonna start some lessons in either Mandarin or Japanese, so that by the time I finish high school I know a far eastern language.

In terms of programming languages, my main pick is C++, although I know C# at a decent level and know some Haskell and Python.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I forgot that I learned some German such as Herr and Fraülein just from playing Ace Attorney, I also know some
French such as Monsiuer and Bonjour. Not sure if my spelling is correct though.
Don't forget"von Karma" :wink:

The one thing for German is to not laugh at the way the word are being pronounced. I still find it funny how it is pronounced.
Hm.. which one for example? Would be interesting to hear how the language "feels" for someone learning it later. Difficult?

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i forgot, i can understand most of south-african language, since it's almost like dutch... .

It's Afrikaans~

When I was small Polish was main language (didn't know English till junior kindergarden) now English took over and now I struggle with Polish but still can get by getting my point across by using words that are similar: What tires do you have for your car? what kind of circle do you have on your car? :tpi:
( could never read or write ) Quit learning French as soon as I could (grade 9)

Don't use it, lose it is the moral of the story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c