Gaming What kinda style would you want for Zelda 3DS?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3D console style.
Without mandatory touch controls. They pulled OOT off, I shouldn't have to ever suffer the shit DS Zelda control schemes ever again.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want the new zelda to use the engine thier using for Uprising, It could use the games awesome weapon customizablitity also, I hate to say it but, Zelda needs some more focus on free roam exploration and discovery that way puzzles can be more broad and dynamic, Example: Your walking around lake hylia and you spot a switch at the bottem of the water. Now all you have is your fishing rod. Instead of coming back when you have the bow or some kind of projectile you can use your fishing rod to hit the switch, Its not the best example but you see what I mean right?

D

Deleted-236924

I'd want it to be played like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
A top-down third-person Zelda would just seem like a waste of the 3DS's potential, IMO.

Optional gyro controls.

The rest I don't really bother.
Well gyro controls were optional in OoT. And in SM3DL. Not sure about any other games.
So I assume they would make it optional in any future game.

I would like Zelda 3DS to be in a first person perspective who you shoot things in a grey, modern and realistic environment, where you look to bring down some modern international terrorism with online multiplayer.
Um, wait for Halo 3D?
Halo is an Xbox exclusive.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love an Ocarina of Time type game, with the more realistic look and magic attacks.

I would like Zelda 3DS to be in a first person perspective who you shoot things in a grey, modern and realistic environment, where you look to bring down some modern international terrorism with online multiplayer.
Um, wait for Halo 3D?
A Halo demo was developed for the DS, but the project was cancelled.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love an Ocarina of Time type game, with the more realistic look and magic attacks.

Um, wait for Halo 3D?
A Halo demo was developed for the DS, but the project was cancelled.
So there's nothing to say there won't be Halo 3D.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just been replaying wind waker and even though it hurts my eyes (playing on a hdtv), i would like to see a game similar to it on the 3DS. I also wouldn't mind having the movement from skyward sword as I like how link can climb faster

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never played Wind Waker, and I don't have a GC controller so I can't now. :/
And that's why I want it ported to the 3DS, even if it's not 3D.

Yeah, i think wind waker would make a really good 3d game but sadly i doubt nintendo would do it and plus I think a lot more people would rather see a majora's mask remake

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been estaablished that the new handheld Zelda will not go the way of PhantomH and Spirit S, so don't know why the question exists.

As a gamer, I want it to be 3D console-like.
As a Zelda follower, I want it to be more directly related to Ocarina and Majora.
As a Zelda fan though, I just want whatever the zelda game is, it should have wifi multiplayer. Zelda is going to be great whethere its 3D, 2D, or touch so I'm really up for anything. Spirit Tracks was a strong title especially when it came to making ZELDA who is actually in the title, a decent main character for once. Before Spirit Tracks, the "personality" of the other Zeldas were about as sucky as they were cliche-zelda. It was refreshing to see a Zelda stick to Link and actually offer plot/personality/help.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm.. I think something with Vaati and Ganondorf working together would be cool
Imagine this

Zelda gets tricked by Vaati, ganondorf takes her. Link goes to rescue her but ends up in some kind of strange world. He has to collect 10 stones (10 dungeons) to arive at ganons tower but somewhere in the storyline he meets himself (from another storyline) and has to fight him. Based on win/lose he could continue in one or other storyline. Idea for one is that link is somehow captured inside Vaati's mind and has to figure a way out.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a Wind Waker-styled game.
Cel-shaded graphics, bright atmosphere, just a little sailing (please, Nintendo), funny characters. That's what I wish the upcoming Zelda will be like.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say fuck the ocean or add more to do while your sailing. Like while your sailing you can go below deck and play minigames or talk with other characters or manage equipment and then when you run into enemies it puts you in some kind of battle mode where you fight off the enemies. That sounds better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.