Gaming What Jobs did you guys start as in FFIII?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I started off as a Warrior/blackmage/whitemage/Monk

I've only just recently progressed my Warrior to a knight (even though any class can use any other job) since they are similar but have greater defence and can use better weapons later. Everything else I have is still the same. I do recommend having at least 1 monk, since they will be the powerhouse of your party once properly levelled up!

trebulator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Um... don't you have to change jobs to a certain type to get past some areas? I'm at the Vikings Cove where you have to enter in the dragon's mouth by using mini and unless you only use mages its pretty much impossible to beat it. Right now I have Black/Red/White/Black.

I'm gonna post my friend code so maybe a few of us can get the Onion Knight (which needs 8 messages).
biggrin.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
wait. you have to send messages over wifi to open up the onion knight? i havent even gotten to the fire crystal yet... does WIFI open up any other jobs?

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Luneth Warrior
Arc Black mage
Refia White Mage
Ingus Monk

Now theyre ALL Onion knights though ^^ All with a full set of white magic.

reira

Trophies
XP
Country
luneth- thief
arc-warrior
refia-white mage
ingus- black mage
mine is just random, dunno when I see white mages it always has to be the girl.

a_m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Curently -

Luneth - Monk
Arc - Red Mage
Refia - Warrior
Ingus - Black Mage

(I like to go against stereotypes)

Soon I will have the second crystal so expect them to change.

I have to say investing in a monk is a very good thing. At first I was like meh but it now deals 400+.

Also I find red mages much better to have than white mages. Red mages can take much more pounding, and can use very good weapons. My red mage is equivalent to my warrior in how much damage it deals. The lack of MP is sometimes annoying but I still think great attack and great defence and worth the loss of MP.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My settings were

Luneth - Red Mage
Arc - Black Mage
Refia - White Mage
Ingus - Monk

Warriors just cramp my style, everyone loves tanking casters or so i thought

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm using:

Luneth - Red Mage
Arc - Black Mage
Refia - Thief
Ingus - Monk

Good combo so far, but I'm not that far in and probably a little over-leveled on the job side.

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but I've never been a big fan of this series, or turn-based RPG in general. For some reason, though, I'm really into this one. Maybe it's the 3D on the DS. Great game so far.

Scurvey Dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to mix it up with my jobs. keeps things interesting

Luneth level 27 Warrior21/Dark Knight10/Thief26
Refia level 27 White Mage36/Geomancer10/Evoker9
Ingus level 27 Black Mage34/Ranger20
Arc level 27 Monk25/Red Mage17/Scholar13/Dragoon8

its fun to play differen combonations, tough to do any dungeon of substance without a white mage though.

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
im at the water temple in the cave with a knight(job level 17) a monk(job level 50) a scholar(job level 25) and a geomancer(job level 25)/black mage(job level 10..training this now) all level 24...

Bongloads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I started as a Warrior, Red Mage, Black Mage, Monk.
It didn't take too long to realize that the dedicated colour mages suck, so I switched the black to red for awhile.

Then I moved on to Knight, Red Mage, Dark Knight, Monk. I tried Geomancy and Scholar with the Dark Knight position, but they suck too.

My final config is Onion Knight, Sage, Dark Knight, Monk.
Ninjas are unfortunately ghey as they can only deal the max damage (which my Dark Knight already does PLUS self-heals with the Blood Sword) and they're limited in equipment - unlike the DK with her Masamune+Blood Sword combo
cool.gif
The Monk can't be beat - I tried him as other things and he just kicks too much arse to be anything else. The Onion Knight is interesting, to say the least. Contrary to what some other douches have stated, the Onion is quite useful as early as you can get them....However, know that they are incredibly slow to gain stats. And once I started picking up the Onion items late in the game, he went from holding his own to straight holding it down
ph34r.gif

p.s. : Keep swapping your Onion back and forth to Monk while leveling to maintain a decent HP gain rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA