Gaming What Jobs did you guys start as in FFIII?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember if you changing the jobs and change it back again you'll lose your stats levels?...

Your stats will remain the same, but depending on your job. Some stats will increase more as well as hp (when lvling up normally).
The only time you suffer is when you change a job in the beginning, what they call 'crystal sickness'. But only the job will suffer, like if you change to black mage. Then you will deal less magic damage till the turns required are fullfilled.

R

ruffryder_ash

hahah FF3 job changing? i remember playing the snes one and u couldn't change jobs. there were espers that let u learn all ur magic and get bonuses and like 15 different characters in the game. well i can say this ff3 isn't a remake its revamped. I suddenly want to play it.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hahah FF3 job changing? i remember playing the snes one and u couldn't change jobs. there were espers that let u learn all ur magic and get bonuses and like 15 different characters in the game. well i can say this ff3 isn't a remake its revamped. I suddenly want to play it.

You are thinking of FF6
rolleyes.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question regarding job changing: I had a Red Mage with two Level3 spells and changed him to Geomancer. Later I changed him back to Red Mage, but now he cannot use the Level3 spells anymore. This happened similarly to my white Mage. What's the deal?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question regarding job changing: I had a Red Mage with two Level3 spells and changed him to Geomancer. Later I changed him back to Red Mage, but now he cannot use the Level3 spells anymore. This happened similarly to my white Mage. What's the deal?

Everytime you change to a job, he will suffer of crystal sickness. Do all the turns it saids to adapt to the new job and dont forget to fully heal at an inn or pond so you get the mana points as well.

blitzpatzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Everytime you change to a job, he will suffer of crystal sickness. Do all the turns it saids to adapt to the new job and dont forget to fully heal at an inn or pond so you get the mana points as well.
Or, if your in the middle of a dungeon, drink an elixir.

xilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, here's an interesting save file (mine actually) for those that want to mess with it. Here's the details. I've played for about 6.5 hours. Everyone is level 12 and has Freelancer at level 99. It has about 7000 gil and I've collected all the items and chests up to the point I'm at. Lastly, in regards to the story, I'm just right after you get Ingus into your party, so there's not much completed yet.

I reckon this might be fun for people that want to do the Freelancer challenge or just screw around
tongue.gif
. By the way, the save file is for SuperCard.

http://rapidshare.com/files/4566252/Final_...sy_III.sav.html

cabby3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a Freelancer, White Mage, Black Mage and Scholar...

I've equipped the Scholar with Book of Ice/Light
Does anyone know how I can use them?

Ex.. With the White/Black mage, when in a fight
I can go to Item -> [Push up] -> Then select Fire / Ice staff..

But if I try to do it with a Book for the scholar it doesnt work...?

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember if you changing the jobs and change it back again you'll lose your stats levels?...

Your stats will remain the same, but depending on your job. Some stats will increase more as well as hp (when lvling up normally).
The only time you suffer is when you change a job in the beginning, what they call 'crystal sickness'. But only the job will suffer, like if you change to black mage. Then you will deal less magic damage till the turns required are fullfilled.

Thank Killermech!!
bow.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Freelancer, White Mage, Black Mage and Scholar...

I've equipped the Scholar with Book of Ice/Light
Does anyone know how I can use them?

Ex.. With the White/Black mage, when in a fight
I can go to Item -> [Push up] -> Then select Fire / Ice staff..

But if I try to do it with a Book for the scholar it doesnt work...?

The books are simply weapons that inflict damage of that element. You can't use them like the staffs. By the way, those don't need to be equipped, so I always have one of each in the inventory so any magic user can use them.

The Ninja class can throw the books though, for great damage and a flashy display. That's actually what I thought they were for at first, until I got the Scholar class.

Not being able to buy Phoenix Downs really ups the challenge of the game (and the lack of revive spell until much later).

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't played much since last time so I'm still stuck with my lil' dark knight and ranger + b&w wizards.

Anyway, as a ninja you can throw weapons right? Does that mean that they get consumed in the process or can you throw them as many times as you like?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't played much since last time so I'm still stuck with my lil' dark knight and ranger + b&w wizards.

Anyway, as a ninja you can throw weapons right? Does that mean that they get consumed in the process or can you throw them as many times as you like?

They get consumed after every throw. Otherwise it would have easily been the best single enemy damage dealing job besides a fully lvled onion knight. Shurikens do massive damge
happy.gif

cabby3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The books are simply weapons that inflict damage of that element. You can't use them like the staffs. By the way, those don't need to be equipped, so I always have one of each in the inventory so any magic user can use them.

The Ninja class can throw the books though, for great damage and a flashy display. That's actually what I thought they were for at first, until I got the Scholar class.

Not being able to buy Phoenix Downs really ups the challenge of the game (and the lack of revive spell until much later).

Well that sucks...
I figured since it says "Deals Ice damage" etc..then you could do the same...

I can't quite figure out what to do with my freelancer..
I wanna give him a job, but I hate switching to something and having absolutely no weapons to attack with or any items to use for defense....

Do I still need the Scholar? I just beat Hein...so the Study did come in useful or should I switch him to something else now?

Anyone using Geomancer or Ranger? Any good?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geomancer has a special ability that can just rape your enemies, but it's somewhat random, so it's risky.

The Ranger uses bow and arrow weapons very well and can hit very hard at some higher levels. I've had one in my party as long as I've been able.

RockingDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing quite well with Warrior/Monk/Red/Red.

I've only used a couple phoenix downs, and using ice/fire/light staffs just seems pretty cheap right now, only thing that hurts are bosses.

The thief boss under the dwarves really hurt til he cast mini on my last red mage and made him big so his attack was weak.. I barely won.

smashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't played the game much yet... so the party is only a meager Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage

Will try to have a sage and summoner (two of my fav class) with two blue mages later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can