Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SixtySixHundred said:
I have a very high IQ, 160+ would be my answer in your poll if I'd voted, but please don't consider this as bragging, as there are major downfalls to being 'intelligent'.

I may be really good with numbers, but I have zero common sense. I'm also exceedingly awkward in social situations and often find myself sweating profusely when approached by someone I do not know. There's issues with paranoia, I get very depressed as I think people I've never met are laughing at me when I walk past them in the street. I have 'OCD', several of them in fact but the less said about that, the better! I'm obsessive to the point where I think OCD should be renamed CDO as the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be... All this and I don't use recreational drugs!!

Basically, I'm bonkers! And if I spent less time 'in my own head', I'd have more real-world friends and a much better life. Having said that, I have a wonderful (understanding) girlfriend and a new baby to enjoy so I suppose it's not so bad...

I don't remember who originally said it but, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity."
Believe it or not, but all of that actually goes for me, too!

Examples:

1) The moment I learned how to 1337speak, I started reading everything the 1337, et vice versa. That way, if I see a random combination of letters and numbers I read it as a word (or, if possible, as a full number). I do this with everything.

2) When I'm bored in class, I imagine my 'soul' being out of my body and I 'look' at myself and others from different angles (I manipulate the things I remember of the room I walked in, the way people looked from every aspect and use that to create a perfect 3D environment, I can even 'see' the details).

3) Whenever someone starts talking to me (I almost never start talking to someone myself, unless I really HAVE to say something), I have to think about what I'm going to say, because most of the times I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about (I only talk about gaming and IT-related stuff, because I know a lot about that, but they talk about things that may seem normal to them and most other people but are extraordinary for me).

And the list goes on...

gameboy13

Orange and fluffy since 1995.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
2) When I'm bored in class, I imagine my 'soul' being out of my body and I 'look' at myself and others from different angles (I manipulate the things I remember of the room I walked in, the way people looked from every aspect and use that to create a perfect 3D environment, I can even 'see' the details).
That's me right there.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is 126, its apparently a good for those good with colour and shapes. Most artists have from 118-129.

Although I got top in my school from when we done a logic test, but that isn't as highly recognized as IQ even though it factors in different types of intellect when IQ tests usually only account for one, that being Logical-Mathematical Intelligence.

http://skyview.vansd.org/lschmidt/Projects...ntelligence.htm

Most people that are higher in Mathematical intelligence tend to lack in the others, although our society only measure intelligence by the Mathematical side and none of the others.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SixtySixHundred said:
I'm also exceedingly awkward in social situations and often find myself sweating profusely when approached by someone I do not know.Oh god yes, this, this, this.
ohnoes.png
I even get nervous at church.

Overlord Nadrian said:
1) The moment I learned how to 1337speak, I started reading everything the 1337, et vice versa. That way, if I see a random combination of letters and numbers I read it as a word (or, if possible, as a full number). I do this with everything.
hni0012y.jpg

Overlord Nadrian said:
I don't do that exactly, but I do often think of the world from outside, like if somebody makes fun of me and the joke is actually funny, I'll laugh as well... but I do that 3D environment thing a lot. If I'm riding in a car (not driving) I'll look out the window and imagine the scenery going by as a side-scrolling platform game, and there's some (mostly formless) character having to jump over the mailboxes and dodge things and such in order to keep up.

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Jun 20 2010, 09:51 AM)
3) Whenever someone starts talking to me (I almost never start talking to someone myself, unless I really HAVE to say something), I have to think about what I'm going to say, because most of the times I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about (I only talk about gaming and IT-related stuff, because I know a lot about that, but they talk about things that may seem normal to them and most other people but are extraordinary for me).
Yeah, I generally never know what movies are out or what a TV show is, or when a new restaurant came into town, or when they stopped/restarted the run of some candy bar or something.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
anaxs said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
We never said that. We said the opposite: the higher your IQ, the more chances you have of having mental and/or social issues.
mmm, that is true, but some people get hyped about having a high IQ

And those are the kind of people that fail at life, because they think having a high IQ is everything.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jun 20 2010, 08:16 PM)
I'll try this for real when I'm feeling more focused.
You should do it right now. The point of these tests is that you aren't supposed to be focused, otherwise you'll try too hard and you will get wrong results (you can get a higher score if you really prepared or a lower score if you're kinda nervous).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gameboy13 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
That's me right there.
mellow.gif

I did that too. Pretty much as you described it.

I can also create a pseudo-holodeck in my mind in that I can create extremely detailed mental simulations, in 3D, and using exact details (such as a perfect replication of a friend's voice and appearance, or even someone I've seen on television but never met), and yet I can create virtually any situation, not just relive a scenario I've experienced (although I can do that too).

Can you also replicate an entire episode of a television program in your mind? I can do that, depending on how much attention I was paying, and sometimes how long it is.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a 132, but to be honest I've gotten higher scores on a physical test.

Plus quite a bit of the questions could have multiple answers depending on the way you look at it. If anything this site doesn't give correct numbers (it want's you to pay for a certificate).

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got ridiculously high on the silly test... Have taken multiple "real tests" This one is full of it. If anyone on this forum really has over a 160 IQ, they better be working a job that pays 500k a year, or getting a full ride at Harvard law. >.>

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
There was no way in hell I'd go through 38 questions for this thread, so I randomly filled in scores in under a minute. I got a 144.
Only proving more how these online tests try to play the nice guy and shift the scores higher to make you feel good.

GreatCrippler said:
Got ridiculously high on the silly test... Have taken multiple "real tests" This one is full of it. If anyone on this forum really has over a 160 IQ, they better be working a job that pays 500k a year, or getting a full ride at Harvard law. >.>^This

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Jun 18 2010, 05:55 PM) I see some people in here that I think are saying they have a high IQ, just to look 'cool'. Geeze. Just be honest, we won't laugh at you if your IQ isn't THAT high. Of course, we may laugh if it is REALLY low, but that's just a normal reaction.
-Points at you-

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little quick research. Less than 10% of the world's population have above a 120 IQ... A little over 2% are over 128. I kinda doubt the average GBA temp member is above a world-wide scale. Cute test though... pointless, but cute. :-P

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
A little quick research. Less than 10% of the world's population have above a 120 IQ... A little over 2% are over 128. I kinda doubt the average GBA temp member is above a world-wide scale. Cute test though... pointless, but cute. :-P
Apparently 50% of Americans (The Average) have IQs in the 90 point range.

Also you have to question Lisa Simpsons IQ.

When Homer had that crayon removed from his brain, he was smarter than Lisa even though Homer's new IQ was like 115.

QUOTE(Beats @ Jun 20 2010, 06:04 PM) I didn't bother with this, total rubbish.
But you're guaranteed a high score. ;3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person